PDA

View Full Version : GRRR, Rotten SR

Anonymous
22-10-00, 01:54 PM
I have probably already asked this question before, but I never really got a straight answer from anyone. My current car is an F-reg 1.3SR, The engine/interior/electrics/everything else is just fine. The only problem is the bodywork is rotten right through and has failed Mr MOT (not cosmetic rust, structural rust=f***ked).

I need to know whether or not if I bought a plain J/K-Reg 1.2 Merit Plus, could I fit my F-Plater 1.3SR engine into it?? Are the engine mounts the same? Is the wiring similar - are there any guides on how to do this anywhere? Do I just need an engineers report, whatever that is (what is it?) for Mr Insurance?

Help me plz. TIA

Anonymous
22-10-00, 01:58 PM
yes mate if the 1.2 engine is on a carb just stick the 1.3 lump/box/and exhaust on and ull be okay

if its injection u could bolt that up on the 1.3 lump but u would lose sum power

Anonymous
22-10-00, 02:11 PM
Thats a good point about the injection thingy, hadn't thought of that. I take it that all J/K merit pluses are injection, hmm. Im not sure how I would go about putting injection on an SR engine. Do you know if the injection cars still have a accelerator cable from the pedal to wherever the linkage is in the engine bay, surely then I could put the whole lot in, and link the accelerator up?

Anonymous
22-10-00, 03:36 PM
Ok, sure, but think about it. I'm sure it's goin to be cheaper and much easier for you to buy a newer SR/SRi with a good body. And you won't have to mess about with ur insurance company.

Anonymous
22-10-00, 04:10 PM
Hmm, trouble is, I want the car in silver, however - no SRi's come in silver, I dont want a G/H plate SR either... too old