PDA

View Full Version : central locking - please confirm...

ade
07-05-02, 09:31 PM
Hi,
just got central locking from a nova (courtesy of our friend colin smith from nova rally). Came complete with all bits and cut nicely so I know which wires solder back where. I just wanna confirm the wiring procedure. I'm not very technical so excuse the muppet translation.
Been looking at the articles in haynes and have managed to follow most bits (ref wiring 14.37 & 14.38). But can anyone just confirm the following for me...
Main loom with switch box has following wires from it - black yellow,black red (which go to passenger door solenoid), chunky brown (earth to car body), brown white, brown red and skinny brown (which is feed back from chunky brown off car body goes go drivers door solenoid), then red which I guess goes to the fuse box(which has a yellow green earth attached to it by a blue cable snapat it's end). Haynes says the red goes into fuse F16 (20Amp) ref254 which links bak 2 the clock. On the end of the red wire is an orange single clip in connector (looks like a fishing hook). Basically (and excuse the stupidity) but do I just reconnect all cut wires, bolt solenoids in position, earth the brown to the car through existing earth points then plug in the red wire to the clock fuse? I guess the yellow/green wire just needs earthing also. Which side of the clock fuse do I plug it into(or is there only one way).
Apologies for complexity/muppetness of this post but I dont want to blow anything.
It looks like I've only actually got to plug in 1 wire (red) and bolt 2 others (chunky brown / greenyellow) to the bodywork?

Is that it? or is there anything else?

Ade (who hates wires!)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

ade
08-05-02, 12:53 PM
it's ok - think I've sussed it - just wanted to make sure wasnt gonna short anything. The kit came with a third solenoid which I initially thought was for the boot but looking at pev posts about drivers door operated by just a switch (key locks door) worked out this solenoid is wired to the alarm which them activates the switch and locks car. Brain in gear now - but need beer

Ad

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!