PDA

View Full Version : Well, she is now mapped and running!

Will F
28-08-07, 11:15 AM
Right, so I went up to Mech Motorsport on Saturday morning (my mate towing me with a fixed bar in a Combo! lol)

Following a cacophone of errors; car too low; raised coilovers
Couldnt get old lambda out (mallet)
Running on 3 cylinders (plug knackered)

We got her on the rollers and mapping....

Bearing in mind I hadnt driven it or ran it for long, I was cacking myself for the first few hours (holding revs at 5-6k for 20 seconds does it!!)

Then my top hose blew and sprayed coolent all over his monitor!! :mad: and that melted!!!!

So went to local factors and got a new hose and he got a replacement monitor ;) we were back on!!!

From here on, all went very well and it was making 217 at the fly at 6600 (limit is 8250) but as soon as tried the final run to the limter, it would spin once passed 5800 rpm!! He also said that it was still pulling as hard at the limiter,so there must be a few more horses!!

Because of teh ATB, it was a bit hairy when the other wheel gripped and chucked the car the other way!! So we couldnt get a torque or final bhp figure.... :(

Ah well, he said that it was a very good, strong engine and it certainly felt that way on the M50!!!! lol

Hopefully be at Trax for some fun!!!

craig green
28-08-07, 11:39 AM
Sounds like an animal Will. Good luck with this one!

puss puss
28-08-07, 12:25 PM
need to get a sticker saying handle with care or RAWR! sounds like a beast bud :)

nova ian
28-08-07, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you had an interesting day to say the least!!

Glad its all sorted, thats the main thing I suppose:thumb:

I was looking forward to hearing how this engine performed and by the sounds of it very well, Toovey did a good job with it then.

Nice work fella, Any pics now its all in and running??

Ian

Dar
28-08-07, 12:49 PM
Great news:D
Can't wait to see the car running on track:thumb:

bump
28-08-07, 01:26 PM
Any vids from the session? Try not to leave bits of this accross the M4 lol

Stuart
28-08-07, 01:41 PM
so then, whos in on the sweep stake on when will kills it lol.....

nice one!

Will F
28-08-07, 02:55 PM
lol

I thought as he was mapping it, that it wouldnt even make it home! lol

I should be going to Trax just to say it made the shows this year, and will get it on the track as soon as I have sorted the front suspension (have some spunky struts to go on)

Hopefully, it should last till next week!!

Anyone off to Trax btw?

craig green
28-08-07, 03:43 PM
lol

Anyone off to Trax btw?

Maybe next year when I've saved up enough for the Impreza & big gold chain.

Glad its running well Will, what funky struts? Pilbeams?

Adam
28-08-07, 04:08 PM
Good to hear its running well.

Will F
28-08-07, 04:18 PM
Maybe next year when I've saved up enough for the Impreza & big gold chain.

Glad its running well Will, what funky struts? Pilbeams?

lol I know what you mean, but I thought it was quite good last year!!

Nah, nothing as ellaborate as Pilbeam, just those Ledas I bought of here.... All refurbed and nice!;)

tom_beverley
28-08-07, 05:13 PM
Good to hear its up and running Will, sounds a bit of an animal lol What's your first impressions of it over the small block? (apart from not breaking down lol)

Riggy
28-08-07, 08:15 PM
nice one one will , it is a mint car gutted ill miss it at trax

John
28-08-07, 08:17 PM
Come on will, wheres a vid?!!!

Will F
28-08-07, 09:22 PM
Come on will, wheres a vid?!!!

:wtf: I didnt even take my phone with a camera on!! No pics or vids, but I will try and get some of it on the road....

Overall I am impressed with the power delivery, its almost identical to how the 1600 sounded and revved. However the extra 30 ft/lbs torque and 50 bhp also help!! And it just pulls like a turbo, without the dump of torque at 3500 rpm!

;)

carls nova sri
28-08-07, 09:34 PM
sounds awsome

Adam
28-08-07, 09:54 PM
Have you officially resigned from team small block then lol

Lee
28-08-07, 10:12 PM
You dont resign from team smallblock, you just sweep up the con rods and see the light lol

Adam
28-08-07, 10:14 PM
You dont resign from team smallblock, you just sweep up the con rods and see the light lol
Wha, the light through the crankcase? lol

Will F
29-08-07, 08:37 AM
lol

Never look back, always loved the XE, this even idles from cold, something the 1600 would just refuse to do! lol

Philsutton
30-08-07, 07:42 PM
Sounds good, have fun with it on track.

Because of teh ATB, it was a bit hairy when the other wheel gripped and chucked the car the other way!! So we couldnt get a torque or final bhp figure.... :(

Lmfao welcome to my world, thats why I always make sure our cars are straped down well.