PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 dash into Mk1

machone
01-05-02, 10:32 PM
I've got a Mk2 dash that I want to fit to my Mk1 GTE. Other than the dash itself + connectors for all switches, is there anythimg else that I will need.
I don't want to remove my old one, only to find out I can't fit the new one!!
Also, are there any good 'How-to' guides anywhere on the net??
Cheers
Mike

ade
01-05-02, 10:45 PM
I've seen a how to guide for dash fitting but for the life of me cannae think where...
I'll get back to you if I can remember (dont hold yer breath mind...)

tay
01-05-02, 11:27 PM
try http://perpetualbliss.net/how-to-Mk2-dash.htm

conroy
02-05-02, 09:35 AM
Ah, fellow adventurist!! That was my first mod i did. Took me 2 days to complete. But most of the time is taken up by re-wiring(boring shit). Make sure you have a wire diagram for the clock cause thats a mission.
Lots and lots of crimps and tape. do you have the heater control cables as well!? their important.erm...ah yes, loadsa fuses because its likly you will blow a few of those!
Have fun :D

ade
02-05-02, 09:57 AM
above links the one I saw...

pickle2000
02-05-02, 10:55 AM
Alright then, this is what I have just done and thought that it was a right pig to do. Virtually all the plugs need rewiring, which is what took the time. If you don't know anything about electrical wiring, then get a friend that does...... will save you a lot of time.

The one thing that I didn't have, which I needed - and wasn't really warned about in any guide - is the central heater vent connecting the heater unit to the dash.

I have got some guides that I will email across to you, at least you shoud be a little bit more clued up then.

conroy
02-05-02, 04:27 PM
another thing is make sure you label all the wires before you disconnect them. Problems will occur otherwise!!:D

machone
02-05-02, 10:00 PM
Thanks everyone.

Mike

Avon
07-05-02, 06:31 PM
i did mine and all the wires are the same color so cut one of and connect the new one and move on to the next