PDA

View Full Version : Front Anti Roll Bar...

puss puss
27-08-07, 01:12 PM
hey am very intrested in fitting a front anti roll bar to my nova, she is a mk2 1 litre (life j reg).

Ive searched the fourm and quite a lot of people dislike the rear anti roll bar but they dont say why they dislike it why is this?

Am intrested in fitting the front how ever and as far as am aware a gsi one would be the obv choice, what would i need to fit it and is it a staight fit? a step by step guide would earn you brownie points :thumb:

thanks

-Nat

Iain
27-08-07, 01:29 PM
To fit the front one you'd need the ARB itself, and the four mounting clamps to attach it to the tie bars. I believe the GSi one is slightly thicker.

This thread was very useful (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10982&highlight=anti+roll) when deciding what roll bars to fit. The general feeling I get is to fit a rear one but not a front one if using uprated suspension, but make your own decision by fitting one and trying it.

mowgli
27-08-07, 02:27 PM
if you fit the complete suspension from a gte, ie. both arb's & the std springs then it will handle well. It will give you a chassis that is more than capable of coping your engine.
Everybody has different ideas as to how they want their car to handle, unfortunately the only way to find out is to spend a bit of cash & see what works for you.

puss puss
28-08-07, 12:01 PM
ahh right ok well atm i have uprated springs and shocks for the rear just waiting to do the front one day soon am very lazy lol ill guess ill give them both a true thanks for the replys guys :)

Timmy
28-08-07, 04:10 PM
i have one for sale pm me will refureb it first if you'd like