PDA

View Full Version : Thank God I had a roll cage

Gavinski
27-08-07, 09:56 AM
Well, was on track yesterday, warming up tyres (on practice laps as well!!) back end stepped way out, dug in on the stones etc etc.

:cry:

Anyways was a fairly slow 360 roll, car was saved due to the roll cage, but i'm needing some advice on how best to save it.

Damage:
Roof is dented in nsf and osf corners
Front os wing is dented
Bonnet has been pushed out
Windscreen is out due to A piller being damaged (OS pillar)
Various dents a hammer will sort.

So i'm in the look out for advice on how to sort my roof and A Pillar really haha

Thanks in advance as always

Gav

General Baxter
27-08-07, 10:03 AM
well for the price of novas on eghay id just reshell it ;)

staggy_gsi
27-08-07, 10:28 AM
yeah reshell it mate, itl work out cheaper and easier anyway

Riggy
27-08-07, 10:31 AM
yeah as said sound like it might be easyer to re-shell ,

pics of your though :thumb:

Gavinski
27-08-07, 05:23 PM
please don't say reshell, I love the current one lol

anways, here's some pics, can anyone advise on how bad it seems?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/swav9/SP_A0046.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/swav9/SP_A0045.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/swav9/SP_A0044.jpg

General Baxter
27-08-07, 05:26 PM
RESHELL lol

or chop the roof and make it into a summer buggy lol

John
27-08-07, 05:32 PM
sorry to say it fella, that shell looks scrap. even if it was repairable, it'd never be as strong or as safe again. Good to hear you're ok though!

gazz
27-08-07, 05:43 PM
^^^ i agree..reshell mate

Philsutton
27-08-07, 05:56 PM
Hate to say it again but re-shelling it would be the best idea, even though you have got away without it being that bad. Its easy an cheap enough to do.

shy witness
27-08-07, 06:29 PM
that shells scrap mate....................really unfortunate...but true

but your lucky you had a rollcage as u say................you could of been pretty badly hurt otherwise

adam c
27-08-07, 06:34 PM
yeah reshell will be easier and safer.have you not had that car long?if its the same one as im thinking of it was for sale on pistonheads?i sold my car to get that and then it had sold:(

Lee
27-08-07, 07:03 PM
Gutted for you pal, but I have to echo whas been said, it needs a reshell. It does kind of highlight the balance between going for it on track and trying not to hurt your pride and joy. Hense why mine is a shed lol

Gavinski
27-08-07, 07:17 PM
gutted myself boys, to be honest, i'm hoping to give it some tlc and just use it as a track car, i know a bit of the strength has gone, but the damage is mainly the two corners of the roof

Reshell sounds expensive haha

Gavinski
27-08-07, 07:33 PM
yeah reshell will be easier and safer.have you not had that car long?if its the same one as im thinking of it was for sale on pistonheads?i sold my car to get that and then it had sold:(

sorry mate, missed your question, yes it is, and unfortunately doesnt look like that advert any more

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/swav9/DSC00865.jpg

Note to thyself

When you go off the track, do all you can to not hit the chuckies side on lol

Got to laugh or ill become more of an alkie haha

Stones are wedged between the tyres and new 888s :wtf:

adam c
27-08-07, 07:45 PM
just get a donor nova and just transfer everything from your old nova to the donor nova and from what i can remember it has a nice spec,wilwoods etc

Gavinski
27-08-07, 07:54 PM
just get a donor nova and just transfer everything from your old nova to the donor nova and from what i can remember it has a nice spec,wilwoods etc

yeh man it is nice, bought an F16 and Quaife for it, never got it fitted in time. Cars straight as a die, I'd recommend speaking to Gaz about any future ones. He has just finished the V6 on pistonheads and has a few LETs in the pipeline, one of the good guys

BRoadGhost
27-08-07, 08:02 PM
Try to find one with no sunroof if you're serious about track use

Big_Chap
27-08-07, 08:10 PM
absolute whitey mate! knockhill? this the one thats just finished being built?

adam c
27-08-07, 08:16 PM
yeh man it is nice, bought an F16 and Quaife for it, never got it fitted in time. Cars straight as a die, I'd recommend speaking to Gaz about any future ones. He has just finished the V6 on pistonheads and has a few LETs in the pipeline, one of the good guys
yeah when i spoke to him he was sound.still got pics on my computer of that car i think!lol

Ernie
27-08-07, 10:30 PM
looked like a nice car but dew to the damage to the apost i would re/shell it me self.

SRimon
27-08-07, 11:36 PM
Thats my mates old Nova

K799 XND?

doug_sri
27-08-07, 11:47 PM
i saw your car and wondered what happened, you wernt the first nova to roll that day, there was a white one which was really badly damaged. Seems a nova rolls every time i go to knockhill! What suspension set up are you running and how fast were you going?

Big_Chap
28-08-07, 12:11 AM
Thats my mates old Nova

K799 XND?

going by piston heads i'd say its defo the same one, its not the same one i was thinking of though

GRUNT 16V
28-08-07, 12:55 PM
lUCKY THE WINDSCREEN DIDNT COME IN AND HIT YOU !!

craig green
28-08-07, 02:02 PM
Gutting!

Atleast you are OK. Choose the right donor for a reshell & it needn't cost too much.