PDA

View Full Version : flat spot???

bob
01-05-02, 06:02 PM
I have got a hooj flatspot just after 5000rpm, v noticeable in first, and its quite big, the car in question is my 1400 carb'd SR- any ideas?

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

Dicko
01-05-02, 06:19 PM
timing on the dizzy, i had that prob on my 1.3sr, tuned it a little anticlockwise and it flew upto 7k now probs :)

ade
01-05-02, 10:37 PM
agree with Dicko - timing slightly out - think the higher your revs are it retards slightly (something to do with the float weights in dizzy cap?).
Ade

rgv_stu
02-05-02, 12:40 PM
on the 1400 u have the bosch dizzy which r much better.
could be that ur second choke is sticking if its still the original pierburg 2e3 carb. mine was when i bought it, just needed cleaning with wd40

bob
02-05-02, 10:35 PM
my cars now having flat spots low down in the rev range, any ideas?- I need a new mixture screw, I will adjust the dizzy a lil tomoro, what should I do bout the carb?- wd40 the floats n hope?

bob
03-05-02, 10:37 AM
the screw my bro has put in where the mixture screw should be is too small,and basically he has shoved it down as far as it can go, just catching one bit of thread and then plugging the rest up with blue tac x-( Im well annoyed- it was better off with the screw I had put in as a temp measure, rather than his crappy one from a volvo carb, its looking like I will need a whole new carb unit just cos of this :(

ade
03-05-02, 06:18 PM
looks like your footer note is coming true! :(

bob
03-05-02, 06:37 PM
sorted out carb now, and flat spot doesnt seem to be there now, Im almost fully into my overdraft and was only paid a week ago :( Im bricking it that something else is going to go wrong :(- so far,every month Ive had to throw almost all my wages at the car to keep it going x-( but it still seems worth it the attention it gets B-) Im gonna take some pics and hopefully,get it featured on here :)

bob
03-05-02, 10:35 PM
the dreaded flatspots back x-( its getting annoying now :( will mess round with the floats tomoro lunch break!- will try the dizzy and seeing if theres any crap holding the carb from doing its job properly too I think