PDA

View Full Version : hi 1.6 turbo?

JAY_-D
24-08-07, 08:56 PM
hi i have been intrested in this site for a while now, ive had a vauxhall nova before but unfortantly abused it and didnt realy like so i then started missing it, so ive just bought a 2ltr 16v nova, has been boy racered up:wtf:
im now doing gsi replica with some nice little mods like brand new bumpers , leather heated seats.
the problem is the bottom end has gone so i need to replace, i have another 2ltr but am liking the sound of a 1.6 turbo. im not sure whats involved pricing work. if anyone one could help would be grateful.

will put up pictures tomorow:)

scott.parker
24-08-07, 10:28 PM
Hi mate welcome to the Club png, might be best to repost in tech.

As you will get best resualts for your questions.

Also look at the 1.6 8v turbo (other novas section) nova's to get some idea of what is needed.

Scott

Teggy
24-08-07, 10:40 PM
hi and welcome (waits for pictures) lol

Stuart
25-08-07, 08:26 AM
search in the technical section.... covered tons and tons and tons of times (and never actually actioned upon as its pie in the sky thinking since most only want it for the dum(p) valve)

spanishfly
25-08-07, 09:03 AM
Keep the XE lmo

SRimon
25-08-07, 11:13 AM
Ditto XE FTW

JAY_-D
25-08-07, 12:24 PM
yeh the xe will be easyer, but i dont want all the weight at the front ill have a look and see what prices im looking at. chears

Stuart
25-08-07, 09:23 PM
yawn. big blocks dont handle badly unless you keep cheapo gmax shocks and drive like a goon without understanding what the car can/cant do lol

spanishfly
26-08-07, 10:27 AM
yawn. big blocks dont handle badly unless you keep cheapo gmax shocks and drive like a goon without understanding what the car can/cant do lol

:thumb: My point!

Philsutton
26-08-07, 02:30 PM
to the 1.6 right an get decent suspenion, as lets face it no nova handles on standard stuff you may as well gone for the xe anyway. Fitting a c20let would be no more expensive an you get all you with the 1.6 but lots more power and more reliable.