PDA

View Full Version : Look what I treated the corsa to

Philsutton
24-08-07, 07:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/Photo-0073.jpg

:thumb:

Lee
24-08-07, 07:35 PM
ooo, a silver boxy thing. I bet thats what you've always wanted!

scott.parker
24-08-07, 07:37 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol

Is it a Physics Degree in a box??

Scott

Adam
24-08-07, 07:39 PM
Its a megasquirt box of tricks.
Nice :)

How much Phil? Where from?

Philsutton
24-08-07, 07:50 PM
ah yes its mega squirt II version 3. The evo 5 chips in my standard ecu have waved a little white flag and are mullered. To be fair Ive done well to get what Ive got from standard management so far with no form of control on boost or launch. All the cars in front of me at totb had some form of launch control or fancy management.

Just got to make a loom up get me a coilpack an some other little bits an then anti-lag an launch control here we come. Oh an im also half way through making a 3 inch top hat with 3 inch boost pipes around as I was still running a standard top hat lol.

Should be fun, not done any proper mapping yet but got a laptop an software ready. Not many people can say they've built everythingon teh car an then mapped it as well.

Oh it cost 250, my mate bought it to put on his z20let corsa but then decided not too.

scott.parker
24-08-07, 07:55 PM
Fair play dude!

Come down and take me out in it! :D

Scott

Philsutton
24-08-07, 07:56 PM
cant wait to go under bridges with the antilag banging away and watch all the old ladies drop their shopping

Nick
24-08-07, 07:59 PM
^ LOL

So you'l be back, even faster for TOTB ?

scott.parker
24-08-07, 07:59 PM
cant wait to go under bridges with the antilag banging away and watch all the old ladies drop their shopping

I think that is my new sig!...lol

Philsutton
24-08-07, 08:01 PM
Yeah would be nice to do totb again, but at the same time there are alot of other people building fast vauxhalls, but I should hopefully be in the 11s at pod now anyway am now will be a mid 11 with the new software an little goodies it has on.

spanishfly
24-08-07, 08:36 PM
Nice one Phil, look forward to seeing the results!!

Jack
24-08-07, 09:18 PM
I forsee fiery exhaust of doom :D

peester
24-08-07, 09:23 PM
soon the world will be mine...

on a bit of a mission lately arent ya..

good man

Dan 130
24-08-07, 10:57 PM
nice one phil make sure you have plenty of turbo's on tap with anti lag muching through them lol

burgo
24-08-07, 11:53 PM
phil if you had paid another ?50 you could of got one with base maps and everything else programmed plus the extra's wired in, you even get a loom aswell lol oh well to late now

Rick Draper
25-08-07, 12:21 AM
Phil what turbo are you on?

Adam
25-08-07, 12:24 AM
I hope the person that built it did a good job, one dodgy joint and it could be bye bye engine,Lol.

You may need a map sensor upgrade too, depending on how much boost you run.
The firmware will need updating to MSII xtra if you want to run a DISpak, and use the nitrous control etc too.

Burgo-Yep he could of bought a new one off ExtraEfi, but those are version 1's.... Less features.

Think hes on a GT30 Rick.

burgo
25-08-07, 02:30 AM
I hope the person that built it did a good job, one dodgy joint and it could be bye bye engine,Lol.

You may need a map sensor upgrade too, depending on how much boost you run.
The firmware will need updating to MSII xtra if you want to run a DISpak, and use the nitrous control etc too.

Burgo-Yep he could of bought a new one off ExtraEfi, but those are version 1's.... Less features.

Think hes on a GT30 Rick.imo theres nothing wrong with MSI and it doesnt need upgrading to MSII to run dispak. well mine hasnt been i dont think

Rick Draper
25-08-07, 10:18 AM
Think hes on a GT30 Rick.

If Phil is then you cannot run harsh ALS on it as the shaft does not like it.

Philsutton
26-08-07, 10:35 AM
Well I didnt buy it to start with, got it off a mate. But now I seen what else I need to get it working. Far as im aware the one I have I can use a the vauxhall wasted spark DIS system straight away with the relevant parts. Will need another map sensor as well as im already running more than 21psi. The GT series turbos are a bit more girlyfied in the sense of the abuse you can give them but it will be used for the odd 1/4 mile run.

Adam
26-08-07, 11:08 AM
imo theres nothing wrong with MSI and it doesnt need upgrading to MSII to run dispak. well mine hasnt been i dont think
Yours has MSI Xtra which lets it run wasted spark dis. :thumb:

Phil-MSII cant directly fire two coils.

Philsutton
26-08-07, 11:49 AM
Your rght it cant do two dircectly but I can still do it with the DIS, just have to change some wiring by the looks of it. I hate wiring, I can foresee many long nights looking at about 3 miles of wiring wondering what the **** im doing lol.

Adam
26-08-07, 12:00 PM
Lol.

You can use ford EDIS system, to run dis.