PDA

View Full Version : mk3 astra td

brucer
24-08-07, 07:29 PM
hi there.
i no its not a nova but i need to buy a cheap diesel for th winter so i can rebuild my engine in my gte.
i can get hold of a turbo diesel astra cheap.which is a bonus.but no these are very slow to something like a 306 dt which are fairly quicker once the fuel pump and that have been fettled with.

just wandered if theres any simple mods i can do to the engine to increase power.i dnt want to it to be known as the low blow on the heater switch.lol.

also its a 5 door.which isnt a good thing.but like i said the car is cheap.so u think i should do anything to the exterior?
i dnt wanna be known for a boy racer thats got a 5 door diesel astra.so leave it standard or not?

thnks for any responses.

Cormac
24-08-07, 08:11 PM
An isuzzu engine? 13mm spanner and a flat head screw driver are required to up the fueling, will make a fair difference but make car quite smokey, id also do the turbo too which is prity tricky on the 1.7's as the vaccum pipe is very close to the inlet manifold and the top of the injector pump..handyier to remove the inlet manifold then you can also remove the white ring on the boost copensater om top of the pump that the vaccum pipe goes into.. should see over 100bhp on the 1.7td isuzu engine by doing this....

Philsutton
24-08-07, 08:13 PM
They are so slow its un real, I ragged the **** out of one over a 1mile an couldnt even get it too 60mph lol, Alright for a smoke around but dont expect the road to be pulled apart by it.

chris gsi
24-08-07, 10:56 PM
i would leave it standard as i did when i had a cav td after all its just a car to get about in and my cav did about 50mpg so you can save money for the nova

General Baxter
25-08-07, 11:04 AM
They are so slow its un real, I ragged the **** out of one over a 1mile an couldnt even get it too 60mph lol, Alright for a smoke around but dont expect the road to be pulled apart by it.

lies all lies

i had 10 seconds out of a 1.5td lol

brucer
25-08-07, 03:39 PM
cheers guys.i cnt really be botherd to spend much money it.just to get me round till next year.but mite give it ago with the fuel pump job.how do i no if its the izuzu engine?call me stupid if u want.