PDA

View Full Version : Oil Light .

GR
30-04-02, 11:42 AM
Of late, i have had a lot of aggro with my car's oil light which continually decides to briefly display itself, usually when cornering and sometimes cruisin in 5th, slowing down, then accelerating when still in 5th .

Naturally i checked the oil which to my knowledge was fine and was at a good operating level . There are no leaks and everythin seems fine .

Car is a 1.3SR, Stage 2 Flowed Head, Full s\s system and a few other engine mods .
Cheers

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Toby
30-04-02, 12:31 PM
Oil lights tend to do that on older 1.3SR's dont worry about it. Not sure, but think its something to do with the oil pressure sender.

My old one used to do it going round corners to the left (not right?)

Toby

mowgli
01-05-02, 09:56 PM
I'd guess that there is a duff connection, & as the only connection is the wire to the sender/switch, it probably needs taking apart and sqirting with wd40. if you are happy with the connection, but it still does it, put in a new switch. if it still does it, get to a garage to have the oil pressure checked. I know someone who had an astra with a similar oil light problem, and they just kept checking the oil. The screws holding the oil pump backplate on had come loose. it still ran, but it was shagged.

ade
01-05-02, 10:26 PM
oil pressure sender. I have 1.2 that had exactly the same problem especially going round corners. It will eventually come on and stay on. Best to get it changed over.

Dave_Hay
02-05-02, 12:43 PM
wots the car like starting from cold?

GR
02-05-02, 01:32 PM
Fine, but idle's high for the first few mins (between roughly 2200-2500 RPM) due to autochoke although it does seem too high still .

Light is really doin my head now .

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net