PDA

View Full Version : Total Vauxhall Nova Thrash @ Bruntingthorpe - October.

Dougie_SRi
24-08-07, 10:48 AM
I've been on to Bruntingthorpe today and spoken to them about booking up a day in October for a Nova thrash. I'm now provisionally seeking out suitable Novas. If this goes well we'll be doing covering other models. http://www.vauxhall-sport-forum.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/023.gif

Spaces for up to ten cars, 1/4 mile, 0 - 60 and 'flying mile' times will be recorded using professional timing gear.

We're looking for a mix of cars: NA and turbo, small block and big block.

Road cars only, we're not bothered if it comes in on a trailer but it's got to have MoT and tax and road tyres.

Brunters has very strict noise limits - 98db static, 87.5db fly by. Cars MUST be able to meet these restrictions.

It will be a week day at some point probably from the 15th to 26th October.

Interested Nova owners should email photos and spec to drankine@futurenet.co.uk (drankine@futurenet.co.uk) and we'll take it from there. Please bear in mind that we may not be able to invite everyone as there is a limited number.

I'll have to check regards anyone wanting to come along and spectate.

Please feel free to post this elsewhere.

Ernie
24-08-07, 10:54 AM
well thats us lot (Banziundersteer)counted out then.

Stuart
24-08-07, 12:36 PM
not being one for fanning marlands ego but for the "good" of PNG http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82255&highlight=bruntingthorpe

It would appear that lots of people just want to get lots of novas in one place like that possibly to spectate the few faster ones?..... erm maybe.

Dougie_SRi
24-08-07, 12:54 PM
Spoke to Rick on phone there, expect some thread merging / additional planning going on just shortly I think. Didn't know there was already plans in progress, but hopefully we can get something really cool out of it!

micknova
24-08-07, 01:04 PM
im wantin to do this how much and a date too as i will need to make sure not working i have no pics on internet.but i own a red mk1 nova 2.0l 16v avo coilovers turbo brakes and just got a lsd too.if you want more info please ask as i really want to come thanx.:thumb:

Andy_L
24-08-07, 01:16 PM
im wantin to do this how much and a date too as i will need to make sure not working i have no pics on internet.but i own a red mk1 nova 2.0l 16v avo coilovers turbo brakes and just got a lsd too.if you want more info please ask as i really want to come thanx.:thumb:

Read Dougie's post again mate you've got to email him.

micknova
24-08-07, 01:58 PM
cheers mate

spanishfly
24-08-07, 02:54 PM
98Db static is what I hit at brands, the drive by could be doubtful though.

Dougie_SRi
24-08-07, 04:49 PM
I've got a silencer which fits inside a 3 inch tail pipe, think I might have to bring it along hahah.

ANDYRACER
24-08-07, 05:36 PM
Was that more induction roar or exhaust roar Fly?

spanishfly
24-08-07, 06:27 PM
Static is measure at the exhaust, I don't know what induction will be? I Passed Brands.

RJM25R
24-08-07, 06:28 PM
not being one for fanning marlands ego but for the "good" of PNG http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82255&highlight=bruntingthorpe

It would appear that lots of people just want to get lots of novas in one place like that possibly to spectate the few faster ones?..... erm maybe.

:thumb:

Dougie rang me today about this and obviously good to merge the two things. Would be a huge coup for the club I think????

List up to yet for the "138 Nova's" thing is....

Rick ?10
Driver ?10
Rick Draper ?10
Craig Green ?10
Jack ?10
probert ?10
Andy Bishop ?10
Draper ?10
peester ?10
Keith Robinson ?10
Paul Furlong ?10
G88 KAG ?10
Winty ?10
LoTNSR's ?10
beef@novadose.net ?10
SRspudly ?10
kevster?10
Austin ?10
Cruisindude ?10
Andy_L ?10
Riggy ?10
Tom Beverley ?10
Saloony ?10
Staggy ?10
Joff-Turbo-Nova ?10
Cormac Donnelly ?10

Could stipulate members only? IE NON members pay the ?10 and join the club to come to the meet???

Dougie has said TV will thumb the cost of the actual thrash!:thumb: :thumb:

Philsutton
24-08-07, 07:53 PM
98Db static is what I hit at brands, the drive by could be doubtful though

I could piss about 60db on a static, but the drive by will be in the mid 100s lmfao, doesnt matter anyway as I have a gay corsa.

carls nova sri
24-08-07, 08:28 PM
what about spectating is that allowed

scott.parker
24-08-07, 08:39 PM
(Ok I know it's not too long compared to some)

I have been in the nova scene (nl/png-pvg) for last 4yrs now, and every time there is a "mega" meet, event planned lots and lots off people pull out at last minuet, but I’m not saying this will happen on this event..

I have been waiting a long long time for something like this to be organised (and now I’m nova-less lol)
but I am in the process of trying to re-shell.

So lets hope this actually happens, and everyone will attend..

If I have my re-shell done in time I WILL BE THERE!

Scott

krobinson
24-08-07, 09:01 PM
This was supposed to happen next year, i wont be able to attend.

peester
24-08-07, 09:29 PM
This was supposed to happen next year, i wont be able to attend.

neither will a lot of people mate; sounds pretty pants; 10 spaces. Plus nothin to do with centenery year yet is it.

Rick Draper
25-08-07, 12:19 AM
Mine will be well over 100db on a drive by i bet.

Stuart
25-08-07, 08:24 AM
so your only allowed what one "large" meet every 10 or so years and cant have slightly smaller ones in the mean time? Ohhh big deal its not next year BUT hell there is atleast 10 months till the start of the next warmer show season time to have ANOTHER huge meet sorted for the 25th year and all that bumpf.

or how about sod it and no one does anything ever since its never appreciated anyway lol

spanishfly
25-08-07, 09:05 AM
so your only allowed what one "large" meet every 10 or so years and cant have slightly smaller ones in the mean time? Ohhh big deal its not next year BUT hell there is atleast 10 months till the start of the next warmer show season time to have ANOTHER huge meet sorted for the 25th year and all that bumpf.

or how about sod it and no one does anything ever since its never appreciated anyway lol

Can I touch you left nipple instead!?

staggy_gsi
25-08-07, 11:47 AM
as long as we still have a huge bash next year for the 25th anniversary, i think its a good idea as it will be great for the club what with TV being involved an all....

RJM25R
25-08-07, 02:29 PM
neither will a lot of people mate; sounds pretty pants; 10 spaces. Plus nothin to do with centenery year yet is it.

Err, 10 places???? I don't think so. 10 cars for the main feature/timing etc. BUT more cars will be allowed!

Sounds pretty pants???? I don't agree

Centenery year????????????????? Is there a law saying we can only do this ONCE?

Don't be so negative! In my 17 years on the nova scene, the only time these big thrash/meets happen are if a magazine are involved and do the planning. Dougie is willing to PAY for it, and ARRANGE IT for a weekday in october. Everyone complains that these things never come to fruition, so why not just pull together and sort this out.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST!

carls nova sri
25-08-07, 02:44 PM
i no for a fact mine wont be done by then

RJM25R
25-08-07, 02:54 PM
Well, you won't be coming then, will you? Besides that, you're not even a member! If you won't pay ?10 to join the club, I doubt very much that you would drive from south wales to Bruntingthorpe!

carls nova sri
25-08-07, 05:20 PM
there im a member now but will still try my up most hardest to get it done

peester
25-08-07, 08:03 PM
sorry guys i thought this new gig was instead of the promised/planned 'big one' due next year - my bad...

More the merrier, you know im not a poooper..

misunderstood. Miss read. John Virgo.

staggy_gsi
25-08-07, 10:51 PM
doubt mine will be done either, so does that mean im not allowed to come along too then?

RJM25R
27-08-07, 07:43 PM
sorry guys i thought this new gig was instead of the promised/planned 'big one' due next year - my bad...

More the merrier, you know im not a poooper..

misunderstood. Miss read. John Virgo.
:cool:
Love and kisses!

RJM25R
27-08-07, 07:44 PM
there im a member now but will still try my up most hardest to get it done

Fair play for joining up!

RJM25R
27-08-07, 07:54 PM
doubt mine will be done either, so does that mean im not allowed to come along too then?

You're a member (of the club!) Who said you weren't allowed to come?

Methinks there is TOO MUCH poo-pooing on this thread. If you wanna come, come. If you don't wanna come, don't come!

Here's me thinking this was a club for enthusiasts :roll:. This FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY has been offered for us to publicise the club and get a great group of Nova's in one place. How can anyone NOT want to be there? To see a convoy on the motorway, to see us all at a mcdonalds, at a motorway service station, on the straight at Brunters, in a NATIONAL MAGAZINE TO SHOW PEOPLE AND KEEP FOR POSTERITY!

Most of you on her don't have kids, I have a 9 yr old son, and ALL his mates have seen magazines with may car in! I'm a god-damn hero to him and his mates!

The venue is agreed, the date is almost sorted (midweek-so there's another excuse for people to drop out!) and best of all, TV are gonna pay for Brunters!!!????

What else do people want? I can't see that the Club/Total Vauxhall can do anymore to interest people!!!!!!

PLEASE BE POSITIVE! Come along, even if it's only to tell me to fu%k off!

vaughanmc
27-08-07, 07:58 PM
I'd go if it was closer and if my Nova was on the road..

RJM25R
27-08-07, 08:06 PM
It;s at Bruntigthorpe.

vaughanmc
27-08-07, 08:06 PM
I'm away up in cold Scotland -- To save me checking back through the pages

When is this event?

RJM25R
27-08-07, 08:09 PM
Have you even read the thread title?

Total Vauxhall Nova Thrash @ Bruntingthorpe - October.

Ste L
27-08-07, 09:36 PM
i'd come along to watch, :thumb:

R1CH
27-08-07, 11:26 PM
Already seen this on VauxSport, sent Dougie my details so will hopefully be going along.

Rich

Jonlem
28-08-07, 12:30 AM
Can someone add Adam Moran to this as I know he'll be up for it but he is currently away at the moment

Noise might be a issue though, the exhaust is loud and the induction noise is horrific !

I'm not sure if Ad is a paid up member but although I'm novaless myself I'll join up shortly to contribute my bit to the PNG

Will F
28-08-07, 08:55 AM
I will be there, will be good to actually make a show with the new lump attached!

tom_beverley
28-08-07, 09:51 AM
I'll try and make it, I'm still waiting for parts which are really holding me up now.

Nice one though for the thought :thumb:

Jack
28-08-07, 11:57 AM
October's a busy month for me but I'll try my best to be there and spectate. Unlikely I'll be in the nova, and probably not the Celica as it may well be off the road for a couple of weeks, so I'm dependant on Alex playing taxi.

Andy_L
28-08-07, 12:44 PM
Well I'd absolutely love to go however October is a massively busy month for me with all the new registrations to process, so providing I pull my inger out and my boss will give me the time off I'd love to come and spectate.

Clearly my 45BHP beast will be the star of the show............ lol

Dougie_SRi
05-09-07, 10:02 AM
Date confirmed: Monday 15th October.

Max ten Novas. Interested parties should email me at drankine@futurenet.co.uk with pics, spec and contact details.

dhdev (Oli)
05-09-07, 01:18 PM
Would love to attend this, but 87.5db drive by is never gonna happen on anything running throttle bodies or carbs surely!

spanishfly
05-09-07, 01:32 PM
I doubt mine will TBH.
I know static i'm 89dB but drive by will be higher I reckon. Will see if i'm off and come down even if to be blak flagged. lol

seannova
05-09-07, 01:43 PM
id be up for this if mines mapped in time, will send pics and spec

John
05-09-07, 03:04 PM
So has anyone been confirmed as a definate for this by dougie yet? I've e-mailed on the off chance but not heard anything?

MARTIN KELSON
05-09-07, 05:46 PM
Also heard nothing as yet.

Got a while yet but if people need to be booking time of work they need to get a date and who they want to attend pretty quick

spanishfly
05-09-07, 06:24 PM
Count me in! I'm off so well up for it:)

Ian
05-09-07, 06:33 PM
My old car and Bretts were both thrown off bruntingthorpe for noise in the past lol

Jim
05-09-07, 09:03 PM
Can someone clear something up for me please?

Dougie posted this idea on Vauxsport to which I said I would be interested in attending. I am not a paid member of the PNG, so now that its merging into a PNG members only event does this make me ineligible to participate even though I expressed interest before hand?

Not wanting to start any fights, just need this clearing up so I know whether its worth emailing Dougie or not.

Thank you.

Dan
05-09-07, 09:14 PM
its a non spectator event, so has nothing to do with the png directly this time, the only people attending will be the cars running. We are doing our mass meet next year and plans are already in the process of being worked out :thumb:

ste porter
06-09-07, 12:39 AM
ok you lost me i just read the thread from start to finish and most the way through i got the impresion that there was going to be alot of spectators yet dans last post clearly states its running cars only can someone shed some light on this and put everything straight as im sure im not the only one confused

Dougie_SRi
06-09-07, 09:59 AM
Bruntingthorpe have told me they are a non-spectating venue. It's a proving ground which will usually have several events on at the same time, unless you book it for exculsive use which costs, er, ?2500. In terms of getting a huge amount of Novas together there, unless someone can come up with the aforementioned two and a half grand, it's a non-starter. TV is still supporting PNG regards both a special display at PV 2008 and a mass Nova 25th anniversary type gathering at an alternative venue.

The date for the thrash is confirmed as Monday 15th October. Applications for this event are now CLOSED we've had photos and spec from 15 owners so far, excluding people who PM'd me as I asked clearly for an email containing photos and a spec list. Sorry about that, but it makes it so much more straightforward to arrange.

Many thanks - Dougie

Dougie_SRi
14-09-07, 11:53 AM
This is the current list of runners I have who will be sent out information via email this afternoon. I have compiled this list from email. Anyone who isn't on the list but thinks they should be email me at drankine@futurenet.co.uk I can put you down as 'reserve' in the event of any dropouts.

SMALL BLOCK
Jim Kelly 1.6 8v
Tom Beverley 1.4 8v
William Foy 1.6 16v
Mark Ridley 1.6 8v

20XE
John Holdcroft inj
Rick Marland inj
Martin Kelson carbs
Robert Bujan Varela TBs
X20XEV ECOTEC
Iain Grant - more information required please Iain.

C20LET
Rich Metcalf
Rick Draper
Chris Sutton
Dave Broomfield

V6
Tony Hurdle 2.5
Tony Hurdle's mate Aaron 2.5 Turbo

Jonlem
14-09-07, 12:13 PM
Good line up but I can see a few cars on that list that far exceed Bruntingthorpes drive by noise test :(

No doubt would of been up for this had he of seen it sooner but that without doubt would fail the noise tests :(

All the best with this one, look forward to hearing the results.

Roll on next years meet !

Adam
14-09-07, 12:20 PM
Does look a very good line up of cars indeed.
Will F's is no longer a small block tho, assuming hes taking the silver gsi.

tom_beverley
14-09-07, 12:53 PM
:tard: All the more reason to crack on, its going to be tight on mine being finished in time - I haven't got the car back from being welded up yet :eek: ! And mines a 1.6 now too!

Dougie_SRi
14-09-07, 02:48 PM
Well, everyone's got a month to go and fit a lovely extra silencer or two.

I've emailed everyone on the list now as well.

MARTIN KELSON
14-09-07, 03:04 PM
Had my e-mail.
Day booked of work.

All down to the good ole british weather now then!!

Really looking forward to it. Should be good event

Cheers Dougie for sorting.

Martin

Rick Draper
14-09-07, 03:33 PM
Big thanks to Dougie for getting this one sorted.

Just need to get onto jp exhausts on monday to see if they can fabricate something to make my car a bit quieter.

tom_beverley
14-09-07, 03:59 PM
Got my email thanks Dougie.

Foook I have job on my hands now, I've got to make this and will do the most I possibly can to be there...

R1CH
14-09-07, 08:47 PM
Sweet i'm in !!

Geordie Boy .... you read this right ? its a Nova 'Thrash' were you drive your car hard !! Not a day of polishing !! lol

Only winding you up !!

blue_peg_16v
14-09-07, 08:54 PM
didnt bother putting either of mine down as there is no way they would hit 87.5db lol role on the big group bash next year hopefully noise limit will be a bit gentler

novacabrio
15-09-07, 09:41 PM
Geordie Boy .... you read this right ? its a Nova 'Thrash' were you drive your car hard !! Not a day of polishing !! lol

Only winding you up !!

lol you'll see

Clean 2.0 nova
18-09-07, 07:26 PM
O.K. I've got my ar$e in gear and hopefully given Dougie all the info he want's. Now lets not have any laughing when the ecotec runs. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Red Top's - though I think we all know the answer to that one:roll: . Let battle commence:p.

kevster
07-10-07, 07:26 PM
Dougie i should get tommy (tom slater) to go along, god that things farst lol

Clean 2.0 nova
08-10-07, 08:13 PM
So it's an 8 o'clock start next monday morning lads. Is anyone travelling down from the north that wants to meet up at the woodall services (J31-30 on M1) just south of sheffield? Expect it's around 1.25 hours from there if anyone can confirm, so need to leave woodall at around 6.30AM. That means leaving my house at around 5.00AM:eek: .

Lynsey
08-10-07, 08:15 PM
I hate early mornings :( Thank god for hotels!

yawn yawn!

Rick Draper
08-10-07, 08:45 PM
I am doing a 6 o clock flyer from macc with my co-driver Storey. God help us if we ever make it there. Ian better bring some ear plugs with him as he will be deaf by the time we get there if not!

R1CH
08-10-07, 08:59 PM
Can't be ****d setting off at daft o'clock in the morning on monday, stopping in the Travel Lodge on sunday night, cant grummble at ?15 a room !!
Got the Nova back together yesterday after my head had cracked, plus its now holding boost propperly so should be onto a winner !!
:thumb:

novacabrio
08-10-07, 09:03 PM
4am start for me!!

R1CH
08-10-07, 09:04 PM
4am start for me!!

Sod that !!
lol

Clean 2.0 nova
08-10-07, 09:06 PM
Wouldn't of thought it was the cleverest thing to do was advertise your cars will be at travelodge the night before. That is my main reason for travelling in the morning. Did you notice Dougie didn't advertise any form of lodging publicly.

R1CH
08-10-07, 09:11 PM
How do you know which Travel Lodge i'm stopping at tho ?? i'd say theres more than one !!
Theres a few folk on VS posted up that there stopping at a Travel Lodge to, can't see what the prob is really.

Lee
08-10-07, 09:13 PM
I am doing a 6 o clock flyer from macc with my co-driver Storey. God help us if we ever make it there. Ian better bring some ear plugs with him as he will be deaf by the time we get there if not!

If it does break down, make him push the bastid. It'll be good for his foot lol

Clean 2.0 nova
08-10-07, 09:24 PM
How do you know which Travel Lodge i'm stopping at tho ?? i'd say theres more than one !!
Theres a few folk on VS posted up that there stopping at a Travel Lodge to, can't see what the prob is really.

All I'm saying is that there maybe some people who would rather not have advertised where there car is the night before - and would feel myself partly responsible if anything should occur had I indicated any such places. Indeed I'm not going to speculate on specific lodges - I'll leave that up to people that want to take the little effort it will take to figure it out.

Dougie_SRi
09-10-07, 11:56 AM
Don't suppose anyone who is attending can send me the word doc I sent out?

I'm on a crappy Mac now and can't find the original...

Rick Draper
09-10-07, 02:32 PM
Don't suppose anyone who is attending can send me the word doc I sent out?

I'm on a crappy Mac now and can't find the original...

Sent.

Ian
10-10-07, 06:07 PM
helmet - check
aa card- check
extinguisher - check
carbon scuttle- check
earplugs - needed

fearless
10-10-07, 06:23 PM
helmet - check
aa card- check
extinguisher - check
carbon scuttle- check
earplugs - needed

Change of underpants - check :thumb:

MARTIN KELSON
10-10-07, 07:16 PM
Never thought of needing my helmet.
Thanks for reminding me!!

I take it its compulsary to wear a helmet on the day as there is no mention in any paperwork i received saying to bring one. Good job you mentioned it.

Cheers

tom_beverley
10-10-07, 07:25 PM
My car will not be attending, as its still at the welders :cry:

novacabrio
10-10-07, 07:31 PM
Can anyone confirm if a helmet is compulsary?

Chris S
10-10-07, 07:47 PM
i didnt wear 1 last time,
i keep mine in the car so i'll be wearing it

Ian
10-10-07, 08:34 PM
I didnt need one last time either, only taking it for rick as he is an idiot that has a 500bhp engine in a nova without a roll cage, and will be doing top speed runs. lol

krobinson
10-10-07, 08:52 PM
I didnt need one last time either, only taking it for rick as he is an idiot that has a 500bhp engine in a nova without a roll cage, and will be doing top speed runs. lol

Give his car to richard hammond!!

Keith

Rick Draper
10-10-07, 08:56 PM
Give his car to richard hammond!!

Keith

It must be the first name!

John
12-10-07, 02:01 PM
Dougie said a helmet is not complusory when i enquired. What time do we have to be there exactly? and anyone got a postcode for bruntingthorpe?

Jim
12-10-07, 03:49 PM
Dougie said a helmet is not complusory when i enquired. What time do we have to be there exactly? and anyone got a postcode for bruntingthorpe?
All that information should be in the email Dougie sent for you. As for postcode; search for Bruntingthorpe on Multimap.

John
12-10-07, 04:51 PM
All that information should be in the email Dougie sent for you. As for postcode; search for Bruntingthorpe on Multimap.

I obviously never got that one jim, all i've had is an e-mail today saying looking forward to seeing you all on monday. The only reason i asked for the postcode is cos i'm being lazy and only have limited access to the net at work. ( still waiting for broadband connectiuon at home). Cheers, john.:thumb:

Jim
12-10-07, 06:57 PM
I obviously never got that one jim, all i've had is an e-mail today saying looking forward to seeing you all on monday. The only reason i asked for the postcode is cos i'm being lazy and only have limited access to the net at work. ( still waiting for broadband connectiuon at home). Cheers, john.:thumb:
Silly me for not realising you never got that first email :roll: And stop being lazy :p

Will F
12-10-07, 07:36 PM
Can someone fwd me the email to my hotmail account?

foy_william@hotmail.com

Its in my work account!

R1CH
12-10-07, 07:46 PM
Can someone fwd me the email to my hotmail account?

foy_william@hotmail.com

Its in my work account!

Done

Clean 2.0 nova
13-10-07, 11:26 AM
Is anybody coming from the north down the M1 that wants to meet at woodall services monday morning?

novacabrio
13-10-07, 08:02 PM
yep me - PM me your number

Jacky GSi
13-10-07, 08:36 PM
can anyone go to this?

novacabrio
13-10-07, 08:38 PM
nope sorry

mowgli
13-10-07, 10:42 PM
I love the bit about noise levels, When I did a building job right next to the airfield, the 1950's sea vixen jet plane that was being tested was rather noisy, Oh, and the Lightning fighter that can only do high speed runs down the runway is really loud.

anyone need directions?

It is probably less hassle to go to M1 J20 lutterworth, follow signs for Lutterworth, turn right at 'aeroplane' roundabout & head north through the town, thru 2 sets of lights then turn right (signed for Gilmorton) keep going to kimcote, then aim for walton, stay on that road thru the village (do not turn off for the industrial estate) go about 2 miles. At the giveway go left & the gate is on your left. no more than 10mins from j20.

There are loads of roadworks around J21 at Leicester, I am working near there at the moment, it is really bad at around 7.30 onwards.

spanishfly
14-10-07, 08:10 AM
Nice one! Noted them directions!