PDA

View Full Version : school reunions (20+ year old warning)

peester
23-08-07, 06:12 PM
mainly for theee old skool chaps n chapesses: you been to a school reunion yet? do they go on...? was it crap? Have all the birds you used to like gone fat?
Is there anyone left, lol
Anyone gonna host one? Are they overrated?

There isn't one thats gonna work on the horizon for mine, but i think ide go to one if there was.. be funny.
For the record ive stayed in touch with about 5 or 6 people from my school to this day. (Did GCSE's 8 years ago)

John
23-08-07, 06:19 PM
Now i feel old dave, it was 14 years ago today i got my gcse's!
I see lots of old faces around, ive only kept in contact with the peeps i knocked around with.
Our year hasn't had a re-union afaik, but i'd deffo go if there was! Bet this'll happen when we're 50 somethings lol

Stuart
23-08-07, 06:33 PM
aye carumba 11 years ago for mine lol.
been on facebook recently seeing loads of school mates on there, funny most of tem didnt leave cornwall... its like some fear or something.

I'd defaintely go, most of the girls seem hotter than they were at school :D

Ste L
23-08-07, 06:34 PM
i've not kept in touch with anyone from school, nearly 10 years ago now..

but started using facebook, and a few old school mates have poped up on there...

Jack
23-08-07, 07:51 PM
I don't think I've kept in touch with anyone from my school days tbh, 9 years ago for me! Met a few back on myspace though.

Dunno if I'd bother with a school reunion, there's a few people I'd want to say hi to but the majority of the people at my old schools I don't give a flying toss about :)

Philsutton
23-08-07, 08:48 PM
I think i'd probably be the only to go as most will be in prison due to drugs or beating on disabled kids.

Saloony
23-08-07, 09:01 PM
Other than my best mates from school, bout 6, the rest are coonts they can all **** them selves and crawl back into the ditch they came from. Few ive said hi too and still do, the rest still think there at school and start playground tatics, which ends in me being aggressive, not a state of mind i want to be in. Majority have had kids, majority seem to have had a football teams worth. School's a part of my life i like to leave in the past and never revisit, i gained nothing from the whole experience, just some really good friends.

Thats my rant for the day.

bump
23-08-07, 09:14 PM
There have been reunions, I didn't go as I had far better things to do (surfing IIRC). It seemed to be organised by the ASW contingent of the school.

I've kept in contact with those that I wanted to, the rest can take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned.

mowgli
23-08-07, 09:17 PM
I never did gcse's cos they hadn't been invented. I did O levels in 1984 & A levels in 1986.
I will not go to any reunion because most of the people who I was at school with gave me a rough time because a pillock, who for some reason that I never found out, took a dislike to me & told them all that I was gay, even though I worked my way through about 6 girls while there.

krobinson
23-08-07, 09:25 PM
I left school in 1999, see the odd mate from school sometimes, but the majority i've not seen since that day.

Kinky Monza
23-08-07, 09:33 PM
My old school got knocked down, but there was a reunion beforehand, didn't go cos i was down south somewhere iirc, never spoken a word to anyone i was at school with, left 12 years ago now lol old fart now lol

peester
23-08-07, 11:47 PM
quite funny replies; the facebook lark.. any good then?

Adam
24-08-07, 12:06 AM
I left few years ago.
And still see a few people.
Not many tho.

And yes Stu's correct, the females do improve with age :D lol

mowgli
24-08-07, 12:17 AM
quite funny replies
I actually think that you have hit a nerve with us, & we are being honest about the misery suffered at school.
My brother once met someone who he knew at school, and the other bloke was all 'Hi Dave, we must meet up for a drink & catch up on old times'
My brother replied ' Forklift-trUCK off, all you ever did was push me out of the way & call me a short****d cnut'.
My brother left school with 2 cse's in rural biology & design. He employs 20 people & drives a new range rover. School was something he endured, not enjoyed.

Stuart
24-08-07, 08:11 AM
thinks school was/is different for everyone.
I got bullied in places/certain yers but at the same time I will hand on heart say I dished a bit out (I guess kinda "well i got picked on so I can pick on someone else) but nothing major that I could tell, just the odd trip up in the corridor etc.

Overall school was pretty reasonable for me, and the people I've found on facebook are the ones that we decent... seems like that tards cant use a computer lol

Jack
24-08-07, 08:48 AM
I was amused at how the BBC were making out yesterday that the education system was crap and there's a better career to be had with no qualifications lol

No doubt exams cause cancer

Stuart
24-08-07, 08:55 AM
on Mock the Week last night they suggested cutting Education funding as the pass rates are too high therefore proving the education system is over funded lmao.

I can semi see where the "no qualifications can get you a good life" comes from BUT you need GCSE's as a base, then do some sort of apprenticeship to make good cash. I worked out that had I not gone to uni and jsut worked I'd be in exactly the same postition financially as I am now...

peester
24-08-07, 10:00 AM
I actually think that you have hit a nerve with us, & we are being honest about the misery suffered at school.

i did also realise this; the thread was suppose to be a tad sleezier than this..? lol..

its cool.. play on.

Gonna join this facebook lark i think.. see what happens there.

Ernie
24-08-07, 10:04 AM
I left school 17 yrs ago man i feel old now but are's has never had 1.

Riggy
24-08-07, 10:05 AM
lol there havent been any for our school yet neither , i left 10 yrs ago aswell lol

i still see some people from school while in the town centre , but i have phone numbers for about 10 people, not that i have rang them for about 8 years though lol

lol i had no probleams in school as i was good friends with all the "wrong people" lol so i got no trouble what so ever , they are all in prison for drugs and murder now though:eek:

id be up for a re union though it would be funny to see if everyone has turned out how you thought they would

ade
24-08-07, 10:40 PM
god - I left school 21 yrs ago! Was gonna go on friends reunited but I still keep in touch with most of the crowd from me school - although most of the fit lasses I fancied are wither married with kids or divorced and bitter (with kids).
Almost went to a Uni reunoin in 2002 - (graduated in 1992) but was on holiday in Spain at the time...dont think it would have been as much as a laugh as a school reunion though - you need a hall - plenty of beer and chgeesy 80's songs (or relevant music for the era you left).

If you want a good read of what could potentially happen at a school reunion (and its a feckin funny book) take a look at Christopher Brookmyer's book "a tale etched in blood and a hard black pencil" - the history of growing up in school and after...I've never pished meself as much as when I read that book.

Or - better still get hold of a copy of "the law of the playground" - feckin hilarious!

Ade