PDA

View Full Version : c20ne 2.0ltr 8v

philthepill_389
22-08-07, 06:09 PM
i have been looking into different engines for my nova as i really dont want to go the big block route and av been told that a c20ne with a air filter exhaust and a ecu remap you can get a 10 to 15 % increase in factory power i belive taking it to 130bhp from its standard 113bhp but i want to know what these engines are like?

are they a mpi?
how hard are they to get a hold of?
and i have been told there bullet proof u can really give them some stick?

any info thanks

also anyone using them in a nova

thanks

staggy_gsi
22-08-07, 07:09 PM
just sold the one from my cavvy sri. yeah they are bulletproof, jeez, mine took some stick!!

they are mpi but i believe they are getting quite hard to get hold of. cracking engines if you can get one imo

Dan 130
22-08-07, 07:35 PM
if your looking to get go to the 130 mark your better of going 20seh your almost there then its just a case of looking out for them i got mine out of a very early mk 3 cavalier i got the whole car for ?70 but they are bulletproof but probably worth a rebuid if you get one as there all pretty high mileage nowadays:thumb:

_JH_
22-08-07, 08:24 PM
bit unsure what you're asking if you don't want to go big block as the c20ne is obviously one. You won't get 130bhp from what you have mentioned and whoever told you that is a gimp.

If you want 130bhp from an 8 valve in a simple fashion, get a 20seh. As bullet proof if not more so than a 20ne, which is useful for nothing except towing.

:)

Nova_Tek
22-08-07, 09:46 PM
No point getting a 20NE spending cash to make it 15bhp more when you can buy the SEH. The cash you'll spend on the NE to make it 130bhp you can spend on the SEH and make it more than 130bhp.

I have driven both engine in the Cav both are very smooth and both are reliable. But if you can deffo go for the SEH.

SEH will probably be harder to get hold of though. All the facelift 8v SRi's had the NE plus the GL, GLS etc. You only found the SEH in early SRi's.

Dan 130
22-08-07, 09:57 PM
you can have my seh for uum ?1,000,000,00 its a deal its steal its sale of the funking century

Philsutton
22-08-07, 10:08 PM
they are bullet proof because they have zero power, exactly the same as the c20xe breakable wise just teh 16v has more power to cope with.

Dod
22-08-07, 10:12 PM
The Good old SEH is bullet proof, much more reliable than the XE, Revs til next week and takes mounds of abuse. I know, I've had many. The SEH isfound in the MK2 Cavaliers and is identified by the stamped on the Head, on the far right next to the exhaust manifold. IMO, I'd have one of these sooner than an XE any day.