PDA

View Full Version : rear disc beam

chrisdovey
20-08-07, 10:52 PM
just about to put a rear disc beam in my nova is there anything else i need to change first?

chris

Welsh Dan
20-08-07, 10:56 PM
Very effective brakes up front, and a great big bias valve to shift brake bias even further forward to stop the rears locking up.

Rich
20-08-07, 11:22 PM
Get a pair of brake bias valves off an early astra 16v (NON ABS). I used to have astra gte front/rear brakes and never locked up on me even with a stripped rear. Don't take my word that they wont lock up though, as different people have different problems/opinions.

Im using a cav 1.6 (with drums) short handbrake cable (drivers side) with a nova long handbrake cable (passenger side). You will have to extend the threaded bar on the cavalier cable for it to fit though.

chrisdovey
20-08-07, 11:39 PM
is it really worth putting rear disc beam on then it sound alot of work

Welsh Dan
21-08-07, 08:11 AM
Its only worth it for looks, or possibly for reduced fade on track.

Stuart
21-08-07, 08:31 AM
two types of people fit them....... show folks or rally people who need a better handbrake (and in that case they tend to fit handbrake calipers too rather than the poo GM drum type... unless they get a hydraulic HB)

most track people just have decent brakes up front and good condition std rear drums

GRUNT 16V
21-08-07, 12:46 PM
What about fast road drivers ???????

puss puss
21-08-07, 01:21 PM
What about fast road drivers ???????

two types of people fit them....... show folks or rally people who need a better handbrake (and in that case they tend to fit handbrake calipers too rather than the poo GM drum type... unless they get a hydraulic HB)

most FAST ROAD people just have decent brakes up (2l 16v brakes) front and good condition std rear drums

:thumb: :thumb: hope that helps bud.

-Nat.