PDA

View Full Version : help please

scotte
25-04-02, 08:39 PM
today i was driving my k reg gsi when my half of tank of petrol went dow to empty. i stopped no leaks in tank .when i then pressed the brake the whole digi dash dimmed nearly off. my brake lights dont work now when i press it my indiactor lights come on and my indicators dont work when u try them.it was all working perfectly before. so i took the digi dash out put in normal dash and same thing.i checked all fuses what else can it be?any1 know

big_steve_x
25-04-02, 10:02 PM
weird things like that happened to my mk2 nova (1.2i) when my battery was flat, its prolly not the cause though.

CP
25-04-02, 10:08 PM
Major short somewhere. It'll be a pain but you've got to start checking all your wiring for damage/overheating/sitting in water /poor insulation & so on

mowgli
26-04-02, 02:02 AM
check the engine/gbox to chassis earth strap. when they break, the engine as to find the next best earth, clutch cable/speedo cable, minor wiring etc. might be the cause. get an auto electrician in

johnb
26-04-02, 01:54 PM
check where the earth cable bolts on for the rear clusters, it might me rusty thus offering a poor connection, if this is the case then drill and screw the lug on at a different point using a self tapping screw, hope this helps :)

scotte
26-04-02, 02:55 PM
it was the earth point for the rear lights how can 1 screw and wire cause so many problems???