PDA

View Full Version : Outer CV Joints

nova ian
20-08-07, 02:14 PM
I went to change my CVJ on the nova this weekend and to my horror the provided part by the motorfactors had an ABS sensor on, so its obviously a cross over part, as it was listed for nova/corsa

I have been back to get it changed but they reckon it is right, you just have to knock the ring off:wtf:

Another odd point is that I have had a CVJ from them before and it didnt have the ABS ring on!!

Anyone else ever had this?? just seems strange to me that you buy a new part then have to butcher it to fit!?

Philsutton
20-08-07, 02:17 PM
lmfao good ol motor factors, we have had similiar problems. Had arguments with them because it says in the book that novas have abs lol

paddy138
20-08-07, 02:39 PM
i work in motor factors, count both sets of splines on each joint to see if they match, if its right just knock the ring off, we had one time a nova cv joint was the same on an 03 corsa 1.7 cdti.
dont know why its like that some are jusy the same

nova ian
20-08-07, 03:01 PM
yea spline wise its fine, that was never the issue, just seemed stupid that you get a part then you have to disassemble it to fit! To me you buy a part that fits straight offlol

I dont know, guess I will give it a go, but if it dont fit Im sure they wont be willing to exchange it as they will say its damaged! lol

Swings and roundabouts me thinks!

GRUNT 16V
20-08-07, 03:03 PM
Boxed Wrong Maybe?????

paddy138
20-08-07, 05:48 PM
it wouldnt be boxed wrong if spline count is ok. id say it should be ok. there is a lot of cv joints like that now, sometimes you have to use your old abs ring on them,