PDA

View Full Version : Im New the site, but would like some help on..

Nova .12
20-08-07, 12:56 PM
Hello, I've only just joined the site as I was refered by a mate, Anyway. I would like to change my engine in my nova to a 2.0 Redtop as out of the cav sri. How would I go about this, ie. where could i get the bits from i need and a rough price for all the work?

Great site! Still trying to find my way round it! :thumb:

Many thanks

Martin.

GRUNT 16V
20-08-07, 03:03 PM
Do A Search Been Covered Countless Times!!!

Nova .12
20-08-07, 03:09 PM
sorry to have asked the same question

thanks m8

Martin

Andy_L
21-08-07, 01:35 PM
Hello, I've only just joined the site as I was refered by a mate, Anyway. I would like to change my engine in my nova to a 2.0 Redtop as out of the cav sri. How would I go about this, ie. where could i get the bits from i need and a rough price for all the work?

Great site! Still trying to find my way round it! :thumb:

Many thanks

Martin.

Have a good nose around the projects section as well for helpful pics etc.

I take it you're going to attempt this yourself?? Cost would depend on how confident you are at tackling things, welding for example.

Jack
21-08-07, 02:53 PM
Despite using the search, I didn't actually find that much useful info regarding fitting an XE (probably due to "XE" being too short a search term), although it did turn up this (http://www.corsa-novatuning.nl/uk/PartsA.htm) link which looks rather useful. I know its clich?d about putting an XE in a Nova, but is it worth having a stickied thread or a guide about it?

As for getting the parts you need, the best option would probably be to buy a scrapped (or nears as) cavalier/calibra/astra and swipe the engine from that. That way you won't have any problems with missing hoses or suchlike, you can hear the engine running, and you can break the remainder of the car to make some money back. Nova specific parts - mounts, suspension, brakes - take a look on ebay or in the for sale forum here.

If you need an engine, afaik Stu16vT still has one for sale in the parts forum as well, just needs an AFM and SFi box :thumb: