PDA

View Full Version : Help Fitting abyss bumper - URGENT

saint
24-04-02, 11:08 AM
Right this second im trying to fit an abyss front bumper, i thought i could just bolt the damn thing onto the old bumper subframe thingy with drilling a few holes, but at the mo when i put the irons out the bumper sticks out about 2miles

can ne 1 help this is urgent as ive got teh front end stripped down already to do it all

plsssssssss

novaworld
24-04-02, 01:22 PM
The way mine was fitted (bodyshop did it, not me) was quite simple.They used the existing side holes and put self-tappers in,which mounted on the Abyss fibreglass mounts. So that's a total of 4 holding on the sides. At the back of the bumper above the cut out, is 2 raised parts. These bolt straight onto the original front brackets. You do this by putting a nice heavy duty bolts in behind these mounts, so that the head of the bolt rests on the raised up bit, and the screw part is left to feed through the bracket. This all simply then bolts on like the original. I know I didn't do it myself, but when I took it off, that's the way it was done. Hope i've helped.
http://www.novagte.co.uk

We like a smooth behind

simon@novaheaven
25-04-02, 09:59 AM
does that mean your selling your old bumper saint?

saint
26-04-02, 12:12 PM
cant cut it cause id ave to reweld it back n witha shorter arm, too much hassle.

option at the mo is to do as novaworld has sed but im about to redrill new threads in the original mounts and then put em back on or try mk II irons

id love to just buy some decent mounts made for the bumper but sounds as though they dont exist