PDA

View Full Version : Carb probs

txan
24-04-02, 02:02 PM
I have a prob with my carb (i think), when the car is in idle the engine doesnt mantain the revs and ive to pull out the manual choke or the car stalls, ive been told that this happens cos the carb is dirty, ive a small manual to take out the carb and these things but i dont know what do i have to clean and how do i have to do it (WD40? Air?), the car is a Nova 1.3 SR with manual choke so i think the carb is a Pierburg 1B1 (the factory default). Thanks

Ive been reading the manual, it has some photos so, could some1 tell me which is the item ive to clean? For example.. a rounded plastic item in the bottom of the carb? lol or something like that, I would check the photos and then would know what to clean.. Thanks again

Cheese
24-04-02, 04:14 PM
Just get some carb cleaner from a local motor store and clean everything with that. Check the fuel filter aswell, it might be worth replacing that as they are fairly cheap.
Have you checked the idle adjustment screw? It might be that it needs re-adjusting.

Hope that helps :)

Ben :D

:D Twin 40's on the way :D

txan
25-04-02, 12:00 AM
I bought a bottle of Wynns but it didnt do anything, as a ive not much idea about engines and i dont want to brake something ive been in a garage and the car is now repaired, the carb was dirty yes, fast and...cheap? i will know it tomorrow lol Thanks for all

ade
25-04-02, 01:46 PM
bung some valvoline fuel cleaner in full tank aswell - that'll clean all deposits off the jets - avoid taking carb to bits unless you know what your doing - floats in the carb are delicate. Wynns do goo carb cleaner. When was car last serviced / tuned up? May just be idle screw like ben says