PDA

View Full Version : LLANDOW *** URGENT Please read

Nick
19-08-07, 05:26 PM
Right, i'm just about to set off to get down to the Travel lodge.

However, i've just noticed that i've got a very poorly Coolant pipe which needs replacing.

The pipe in question is the right hand one/Passenger Side one that goes through the bulkhead. I believe it is a Heater Matrix pipe.

Basically, my K&N filters have been rubbing on this pipe, it's worn through some tin heatshield wrap and into the rubber pipe. I've rotated the tin wrap. So it should get me down to llandow.

Can someone Bring one of these pipes, or any other shaped pipe that will fit ! I don't think it'l last the whole day, and i'm about 240miles from home

my Mobile number is 07816642279 for anymore info/to let me know !

Nick :)

Dar
19-08-07, 05:38 PM
Whats the inside dia of the pipe? and how long does it need to be?

Adam
19-08-07, 06:04 PM
Dar-From his description, he needs the one that goes from the plastic/metal coolant tube behind the block, to the heater matrix stub pipe.

I have one here. But thats not much use to him.

Adam
19-08-07, 06:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/pipe.jpg

Dar
19-08-07, 06:14 PM
I know but I don't know the sizes and I have lots of odd bits of pipe. If I knew the internal diameter and length needed I may be able to match it up. Go measure yours for me:thumb:

Adam
19-08-07, 06:18 PM
Anyone got a pic of what the above pipe actually looks like?
I have quite a few here, but there all mixed so i dont know which one is actually the one in my pic above.

Dar
19-08-07, 06:20 PM
Pics are no good to me. I know what it looks like. However an internal dia measurement & length would be useful. I think I will bung in a few lengths of pipe and see if we can match it up there.

Adam
19-08-07, 06:21 PM
My point is, if i knew what the pipe looked like i could go find it in my loft, and tell you its length/bore,Lol.

Dar
19-08-07, 06:27 PM
Ahh, well I've bagged up a few pipes, lets hope one of them fits.

Adam
19-08-07, 06:30 PM
RIght, its bore is 15-20mm.
And its length is, whatever it looks in this pic.. As i cant find the actual pipe.
Ignore the t-piece, thats just for a SR.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/P1010001-engine.jpg

Riggy
19-08-07, 06:32 PM
lol just join them together and **** the matrix off for the day , just have not heaters in car lol

Dar
19-08-07, 06:36 PM
That will be plan B :D Looks like I have a pipe that will do the job.

scott.parker
19-08-07, 06:49 PM
lol just join them together and **** the matrix off for the day , just have not heaters in car lol
Ahh yes but..but if you want to vent some heat away from the engine (as its being track dayed) you can just turn the heater on and wind down the windows, join them up and you cant! :thumb:

Scott

Ernie
19-08-07, 08:22 PM
who needs a heater poofs lol