PDA

View Full Version : *****llandow final details (attendee's must read)*****

Dan
17-08-07, 08:17 PM
Car Track Day Regulations and Operating Procedures

Itinerary

8.00am Gates open

9.10am Signing on

9.30am Circuit Safety Briefing (will be announced over tannoy system)

10.00am - 5.00pm Track activities

1.00pm - 2.00pm Lunch break

3.15 ? 3.30 pm Afternoon break

Max no of Cars on track at any one time - 10

Cars will be filtered onto the circuit from the start area and a chequered flag displayed from the control tower will signify the end of the 20 minute sessions.

Circuit Rules

Before using the circuit all participants MUST:

1. Sign an Indemnity form
2. Provide a full driving licence
3. Be physically fit
4. Be a competent driver
5. Wear an approved helmet. Arms and legs must be covered at all times.

No participants taking part shall have consumed or taken alcohol or any drug that will impair your ability to ride/drive

Participants must not race or compete against any other user.

The use of any form of timing equipment is not permitted.

Reckless or dangerous driving is expressly forbidden and anyone disobeying this rule may be asked to leave.

All participants on track days at Llandow Circuit MUST attend the Safety Briefing. This instruction will include:

1. Rules of the day
2. Flag Signals
3. Entering and exiting the circuit
4. Overtaking and being overtaken
5. Driving/riding discipline
6. Circuit layout and potentially hazardous sections
7. Paddock driving/riding
8. Breakdown/incident procedures
9. Session stopping

Flag Signals

The circuit uses the following flags:

? Chequered Flag
Indicating the end of the session

? Yellow Flag
Indicating extreme caution and no overtaking

? Black Flag
Indicating to return to the paddock and report to the Control Tower

Red Flag Indicating session has been stopped. Slow down, return to paddock or assemble at the Bus Stop runoff.

Overtaking

Overtaking should only take place on the straights or exiting the bends. No overtaking in the bends and no cutting inside whilst approaching the bend.

Vehicle Condition

Participants must ensure that their vehicle is safe and fit for the purpose that it will be used for on the circuit.

Paddock

A speed limit of 5mph applies at all times in the circuit paddock and the pit lane.

Lee
17-08-07, 09:15 PM
bttt

Dan
18-08-07, 06:31 PM
And its looking like a wet one people :D (well i like the wet anyway just hope my f1's last as i overheated them in the wet last year a touch lol )

Lee
18-08-07, 06:37 PM
looks like sunshine and showers from what ive seen, which is a nightmare. Constant fecking wheel swapping :(

Nick
18-08-07, 07:03 PM
Ahh ****, i've only got some Yokohama's which are **** in the wet !

Roll on a nice slow trackday :)

Nick
18-08-07, 08:32 PM
On another note, is there a petrol station close to Llandow, preferably a Shell (V-power) ?

I'm going down on the cheapest unleaded i can find - but want to fill up with some better fuel for the action !

Lee
18-08-07, 09:18 PM
Theres not a shell nearby, but theres a BP selling ultimate on the main road before you turn down to Llandow. If your staying over tomorrow Nick, ill tell you where it is.

Nick
18-08-07, 09:33 PM
Thanks, Ultimate will do. I've looked and there is a Shell just back up the motorway towards Cardiff (Which is on the way down for me) !

Anyhow, if i'm in need. I'l be sure to ask :)

ben lee
18-08-07, 11:40 PM
looks like im not going to make it novas not finished the engine in the cav is dead and dont want to do it in my 1.8 laguna lol.

hope u have a great day.

anyone got a car they can lend me lol.

Ernie
19-08-07, 07:20 AM
see you all there. im off to pick the stick up later and leave it ready on the trailer to go meet Dar tomorrow for are little road trip to llandow not long now.

Nick
19-08-07, 11:48 AM
Just off out to give it a clean... load the rest of the bits'n'bobs and then i'm setting off to the travel lodge about 5 ! Cya laters

Dar
19-08-07, 01:17 PM
I'm all packed and the car is now on the trailer in the garage. See you all tommrow morning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/PNG/DSC07148_640x480.jpg

Nick
19-08-07, 01:45 PM
Think i need to get meself one of these trailer things :)

Paul
19-08-07, 02:05 PM
Just fixed the Nova, still got to pack.And the smal factor of picking car up from workshop!

Only trouble is i dont have 1st gear lol.

dhdev (Oli)
19-08-07, 05:24 PM
It's bloody raining, I'm seriously not happy. I've just got soaked trying to waterproof the nova using a massive roll of duck tape. I don't think i'm gonna be a happy bunny tomorrow. Cos it's raining I can't Rain-X my screen, I have no form of screenwash, I have no heater and due to the weather I can't Anti-fog the inside of the screen cos it's already misted up, the footwells are filling up with water.

Can I shotgun some Pax laps in some heater equipped novas when I get there, PLEASE!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

And I don't have any wet weather tyres so I'll be slower than a boggo 1.2.

Dar
19-08-07, 05:36 PM
You can jump in the monty for a warm up if you like. My car is currently on dry weather tyres. So if this rain keeps up I will have to change to the wets :(

Dan
19-08-07, 06:09 PM
well i've just put a good dose of antifog on mine for a first time, prob way to much but a slight smear is better than a slight fog. As for wet weather tyres, normal road tyres are ample, providing they are f1's :thumb: (not that its any help now like, but still worth the mention for others reading this).

Dar
19-08-07, 06:17 PM
F1's is what I have because they were cheap. I couldn't afford to buy some super soft slicks and cut them. Mind you these are on 7J rims and tight under the arches is an understatment.

Paul
19-08-07, 07:28 PM
Gents, the XE's knocking so I am not going now.

Paul