PDA

View Full Version : 32 Hours.....

Paul
17-08-07, 07:35 PM
Well, after the LET has just let go and started to knock big style, I have 32 hours until the Nova needs to be: a)problem diagnosed, b)have a new engine in it.

Diagnosis is at 9am tomorrow morning from the bloke in the next workshop to me. Then the repairs/engine swap can start.

However I have to pick my wheels up at 10 am which is an hr round trip from the workshop, so I will have even less time! lol

I WILL be going to donny on Sunday and WILL be going LLandow on Monday, maybe in a LET Nova and maybe an XE Nova. What a time for it to let go! :(

Paul

Adam
17-08-07, 07:37 PM
Not good :(
Probably spun a shell or something.

Get the xe out the white one, fit it in the blue one?
If the Let is beyond quick repair.

Riggy
17-08-07, 08:16 PM
least it didnt go while on track fella lol :thumb:

Philsutton
17-08-07, 08:19 PM
bad knocking is going to bototm end related no doubt, an unfortunately I doubt you can get the parts / work done over the weekend unless you know certain people or have some ready to go. Might be better t just go straight ahead with the different engine so your not rushing when you realise you need to swap it?

Paul
17-08-07, 08:59 PM
i done the screw driver to ear test and its louder at the top than the bottom, and sounds more of a tap!

Pics to follow

D16NVA
17-08-07, 09:20 PM
have you checked the timing i have had a couple of belts slip,usually on exhaust cam is favorite!

Lee H
17-08-07, 09:33 PM
Could it be oil pressure related, first sign is usually really tappy lifters?

Paul
17-08-07, 11:34 PM
going to let mr hot rod builder man listen tomorrow, by christ he knows hi stuff, then see what he thinks lol

coombsey
18-08-07, 10:26 AM
Could it be oil pressure related, first sign is usually really tappy lifters?
i replaced a mates lifter on his redtop last wednesday and they were still tapping so this week he wanted his sump gasket changing took sump off and the oil pick up pipe was nearly blocked up with instant gasket

Paul
19-08-07, 01:59 PM
Well didnt quite maky Donny, but will be at Llandow- fingers crossed!

Adam
19-08-07, 02:28 PM
Did you sort it Paul?