PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE Valuation

simon_r2d2
16-08-07, 01:40 PM
Hi all

I have a 1989 Nove GTE (Mk1) - all original parts. I have done a fair bit of work on the engine and made it much more reliable. It has a bit of rust on one wheelarch and needs a bit (genuinely not much) wiring work. The rest of the bodywork is in excellent condition. It was recently broken into and they did a bit of damage to the ignition parts in an attempt to start it (hence the need for some wiring work).

It has retrofitted central locking, alarm and immobiliser and a brand new fuel pump and relays, tyres and ignition bits. Recently passed an MOT with flying colours.

What I want to know is what its worth?? I know its desirable as people keep asking me if I want to sell it, but I have no idea what to advertise it for....

Any ideas???

Simon

craig green
16-08-07, 01:49 PM
Its not so much desirable but more so 'rarely seen'.

Tbh going on what you say somewhere around ?800 with MOT.

If you put up some pics for us then its a bit easier to quote the value, even then its kind of irrelevant as someone really wanting a GTE, in your colour, near you will pay whatever they are prepared to save & spend.

Going by a Parkers price guide its worth about ?100.

Jack
16-08-07, 02:15 PM
I'd go with that. Although if people are coming to you asking if you want to sell it, you could probably stretch that to a grand as they might be willing to pay more.

You'll want to find someone who's into Novas to buy it. Then you'll get the decent money; advertising it in the local rags or suchlike to your casual car buyer and you'd be looking closer to the Parkers price.