PDA

View Full Version : 16v probs! help!!

srboy
23-04-02, 08:19 PM
right ive got the lump out now and ive noticed a few things which i need help with please!
1/ there is an extra hose coming off the engine to the header tank which equals 3 instead of nova headers 2 what do i do with the extra pipe?
2/ what do i do with the 16v oil cooler? as a m8 from disaster fit told me if i dont run it ill be cahanging oil every 5mins!?
3/ whilst its being rebuilt should i do the piston rings its done 100 000k they look ok but i dont know how much abuse 16v rings can take?
thanks for any help you can give me lads!
lastly if you reply to this ste how much to fit it? ill be using the pvd kit i expect.

james austin
23-04-02, 08:44 PM
1. T peice it into the existing hose going from the top of the rad, to the top of the header tank.

2. you could either take the sandwich place out from the oil filer housing and n0ot run one.......or just mount the cooler in with a bit of fondling.

3. dunno mate :-/

Toby
23-04-02, 11:07 PM
3. Its up to you mate. If you've had the head off and looked down the bores for signs of scoring and there anr't any, then I would personally say dont bother.

Cheaper way to test for cylinder integrity is get someone to drive behind you; any blue smoke between gearchanges (when engine hot) means that you need to revamp the valve gear. Then borrow a compression tester and test each cylinder?