PDA

View Full Version : own business quest

gsi 2.5 flann
14-08-07, 10:06 PM
Hi all, i'm putting a feeler out just to get an idea how many people maybe interested in a vauxhall conversions
specalist in the north west. But will do other makes and models. I'm a time served mechanic neally 14yrs in the
job, who is looking at going on my own. I will not do half a job, it will be all or nothing. so that the car issafe
to be on the road. not like some of the conversions i've seen out there. i.e no strenghtning, wrong brake set up,
suspension ect. will do all engine ranges, i will do what you want with in reason and advise on what you will
need.try and do you the best price possible. I do realise there is many people out there who can do it them selfs
but some don't have the time, and theres others that would love to have it done but can't do it them selfs.please
post and give me an idea how many would be interested as it is in the planning for the very close future. cheers
martin p.s at present i'm working for ford.

ade
14-08-07, 10:20 PM
sounds like a plan and if youre prepared to cover a range of cars could be good. Alas I live too far up north (Scotland) to benefit from your services but I'm sure if the price is right then you;d get some good business.

need to pimp your wares on other clubs/forums too obviuously) - JOV, MIG etc...they cater for a broader range of vauxhalls.

bigbened
14-08-07, 10:46 PM
id be interested mate how much are you thinking about charging roughly

R1CH
14-08-07, 11:13 PM
Think you'd need to get a bit more well known on the forums really so folk have an idea that you know what your doing, plus your gonna need a few cars to show-off what you can do ... theres a lot of folk about who do alot of half ar*e jobs !!
Good luck with it anyway.

Ste L
14-08-07, 11:20 PM
some example's would be good also, to should people the quality of your conversions....

Stuart
14-08-07, 11:38 PM
what do you currently do for Ford?

shazzi_23
14-08-07, 11:38 PM
martin did my nova engine conversion, i dont have pics to hand i will see if i can fiind some, to post however i can honestly say he did a cracking job!! most impressed with his work,
i am arranging my next conversion with him at mo!! will keep you all posted inc pics.
i saw the vectra 3.0 v6 he did also absolute quality

gsi 2.5 flann
14-08-07, 11:40 PM
i'm a ford techy

gsi 2.5 flann
14-08-07, 11:42 PM
bigbened. what you looking at doing?

gsi 2.5 flann
14-08-07, 11:49 PM
i will try and sort some pics out as i am in the proses of doing a nova c20xe for me self. and a corsa for a mate who wants a x18xe1 fitting. i've just sold me vectra 3.0 gsi

Stuart
14-08-07, 11:50 PM
techy as in mechanic/service ?

gsi 2.5 flann
14-08-07, 11:54 PM
stuart yes mate. do anything as they are ford and always breaknot like a vauxhall. i'm driving a astra gsi mk3 at present.

gsi 2.5 flann
15-08-07, 12:11 AM
hi yes i do realise there is some c**p out there been done. i've seen some as i fancied buying one 2yrs ago which put me off as there wasn't one locally to me that was any good. quality was very poor. seen better quality bird s**t than some of the welds i saw on some bits of strengthning and seems. which basicaly encoraged me to start doing them meself. the last coversion i owned was 3.0v6 vectra pre-facelift gsi. i've done qite a few forme friends.

bigbened
15-08-07, 10:42 PM
hi mate im going to now be going 1.6 either 8v or 16v, and its going into a 1.2carb shell. i would do it myself but im a bit lazy lol

gsi 2.5 flann
16-08-07, 08:38 PM
1.6 8v not a bad conversion. the girl i did the 8v for loved it.

bigbened
16-08-07, 11:43 PM
how much are you after then mate

shazzi_23
17-08-07, 12:17 AM
1.6 8v not a bad conversion. the girl i did the 8v for loved it.

indeed i did
thanks again martin,
i have sorted the engine out for my next converstion when your free to fit it mate give me a shout, in no rush as i still want to get a few more bits for it yet such as fast rd cams and pullys ect.! :thumb: :thumb:

gsi 2.5 flann
17-08-07, 08:20 AM
bigend would yoube supplying the engine with auxillarys

gsi 2.5 flann
17-08-07, 06:36 PM
hi shazzi hows the astra running. so you looking at removing the x18xel then? wot you got for me.

shazzi_23
18-08-07, 06:18 PM
hi shazzi hows the astra running. so you looking at removing the x18xel then? wot you got for me.

astra is running sweet thanks martin,
i have just bought myself a redtop lump, for you to fit, hope your not to busy with work ect... i will pm you when i have all the bits and bobs i need,
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: