PDA

View Full Version : XE help **urgent**

womble sri
13-08-07, 10:29 PM
right i got some standard nova tie bar brackets today looking at my old ones which have been lowered by bodge welding they are a lot higher. will the tie bars foul anything one was lower than the other? also my mechanic thinks it would be a good idea to make a slot in the engine mount to bting it forward a bit to give more clearance at the rear of the engine i thought that the engione would sit on the p1ss and that it may move under load. also my solid mounts are on there way what pro's and con's can i expect from these? also why was one tie bar bracket lower than the other? it was a turbo once upon a time.

cheers neil

Philsutton
13-08-07, 10:38 PM
you dont need to lower them on a xe, only for the F28. You do however need to cut a bit of the box that sticks out.

James P
13-08-07, 10:50 PM
my nova's engine mount has a triangle shape cut out of it. i defently noticed that the hole engine sits more straight and does give you alot more clearence. everyone seems to get those competion mounts so they must be good, the less movement in the mounts the better.

Dar
13-08-07, 11:14 PM
With the solid mounts the engine won't move much at all in the bay so that movement gets transfered to the shell. Basically you can feel the engine more, if that makes sense.

Paul
14-08-07, 01:25 PM
when you fit the solid mounts neil its ESSENTIAL to seam weld the mounting points on the car.

womble sri
14-08-07, 07:10 PM
i thint they are alredy but i will double check and seams or stiches also dar what do you mean cut a bit off the box? gearbox?

Paul
14-08-07, 10:01 PM
yeh you have to cut the lug off of the f16/f20 that hangs down over the passenger side tie bar, it will become evident what you have to cut off when its on the floor on wheels, it doesnt touch but will under cornering/hard accelration. Seam weld the mounts.

womble sri
15-08-07, 06:06 PM
sow what about modding the mount for more clearance