PDA

View Full Version : Nova Vs Renny 5 Gt Turbo

philthepill_389
11-08-07, 08:46 PM
in all classes of racing drag track fast road What would Win A good Strong Nova red Top a Renny 5 GT turbo

stuartp
11-08-07, 08:57 PM
I think if there both compatent drivers on fast road (private road)ha nova!!
Renny standard well we'll let it have a uprated head gasket.
Nova just standard on conversion parts.
My opinion
stu

Ste L
11-08-07, 08:58 PM
depend's if the 5 is standard or not...

xe wouldn't stand a chance against a heavily tuned 5 (well if it last's long enough not to overheat or blow up lol )

philthepill_389
11-08-07, 09:09 PM
ktec side exit exhaust
recent engine change with rebuilt engine ktec cam
renault gearbox approx 2 year old
running 14 psi on t2/t25 hybrid turbo
alloy intercooler
full samco hose set
alloy carb top
copper core radiator
15" fox alloys
lowered 35mm on front springs

the spec list of the renny 5 tell me what mods would need done to kill this car

gazz
11-08-07, 09:15 PM
its ok having all the mods,can he drive it?
there's drivers and there's screwdrivers..:thumb:

blue_peg_16v
11-08-07, 09:20 PM
well phils mrs has a renault 5 turbo and its bonkers quick so as long as it dunt blow up and as much as it pains me id have to say the 5

bonelorry
12-08-07, 12:43 AM
if the 5gt was standard then im pretty sure the nova xe would win! but as said they are very tunable little feckers the 5gt's

draper
12-08-07, 01:09 AM
meh - its all french **** !!!!!

puss puss
12-08-07, 01:15 AM
correct me if am wrong but dont some of the tuned r5 lumps put out 300bhp? but meh it is french hehe

FB_evolutions
12-08-07, 02:38 AM
does it really matter its french enough said :P

i have always hated the lil frigin kettles been waiting fora thread like this for a while

best way i can describe a R5 GT T - welllllll urmmmmmmmm

looks like ****

sounds like ****

probily a french homo **** sniffing muppet designed them

if u can't tell i really hate them but love watching them go pop its like christmas everytime

Ste L
12-08-07, 08:57 AM
does it really matter its french enough said :P

i have always hated the lil frigin kettles been waiting fora thread like this for a while

best way i can describe a R5 GT T - welllllll urmmmmmmmm

looks like ****

sounds like ****

probily a french homo **** sniffing muppet designed them

if u can't tell i really hate them but love watching them go pop its like christmas everytime

but they are still going to be faster lol

euro sbd
12-08-07, 09:09 AM
ive had a couple of 5 turbos and i loved them, they do break down (a lot)lol but they are fun, my mates one is just reidiculous hes just trailed it to poland to compete in ultimate street drag where it ran a 11.9 crazy

Ste L
12-08-07, 09:29 AM
as above...

there's not many nova;s that can get in the 11's...

and if they do, i can see any being a 1.4 or the engine that was originally in the car, abiet modded

womble sri
12-08-07, 09:38 AM
one o the first cars i race was an R5 i know ill probably get it in the neck but..

i was coming out of cambridge onto a dual carridgeway with the R5 in front of me with no intention of racing it then as the speelimit changed he floored it so i gave him a couple of seconds and floored it within seconds i was on his ass then we came to a round about so i backed off knowing that some drivers are **** and let him boot over the roundabout i chased him off it went next to him in the fast lane and had to slow beacause there was another car up ahead so got in behind him and we both undertook the other car and then i passed him. it was probably standard though as i didint expect to mince him that easily. p.s. dont bother with stick about driving fast on the roads

Ernie
12-08-07, 10:58 AM
my mates one is just reidiculous hes just trailed it to poland to compete in ultimate street drag where it ran a 11.9 crazy

Is that because it would never of made the trip there and back.
How many runs did it manage or were they done on the trailer aswell.

Sorry but i cant stand renaults.

euro sbd
12-08-07, 11:04 AM
lol lol he done 3 runs and then it broke down (just kidding)

Ernie
12-08-07, 11:07 AM
lucky he had the trailer there then lol.

philthepill_389
12-08-07, 12:38 PM
it boils my piss there only a 1.4 and a 20xe will struggle to beat therm errrrrr

philthepill_389
12-08-07, 12:39 PM
guess al have to out drive him or push him till it goes pooooooooooooooooop

Ernie
12-08-07, 12:40 PM
They are bloody quick little cars. but that is only dew to the fact that bits are falling of wile going along.Also any metal would of been made out of tinfoil.

Mike
12-08-07, 05:55 PM
unreliable or not, they'll have an XE Nova.

How many standard R5s are remaining? Hmmm, about none! How light are they in comparision to even a stripped XE nova? There lighter.

BHP per tone say an average XE Nova, versus your average R5 GTT will see the R5 come out truimphant.

There quicker, lighter, and actually IMO handle better. They'll hit 60 quicker, and have a lot more in gear accerleration than an XE nova.

Ste L
12-08-07, 05:59 PM
it boils my piss there only a 1.4 and a 20xe will struggle to beat therm errrrrr

yea but, it's the 5 letter's after the 1.4 that makes them fast..

without a turbo, they'd be **** lol

coombsey
12-08-07, 05:59 PM
a bit off the subject but what about pulsar gtirs againt a nova never been in one

Mike
12-08-07, 06:00 PM

Live with it. Most superbikes are only 1000cc an theyll piss all over the fastest Nova you can throw at it!

Mike
12-08-07, 06:01 PM
a bit off the subject but what about pulsar gtirs againt a nova never been in one

XE Nova - No chance IMO
LET Nova - would be an ace run

Once the Pulsar/Sunny hooks up and hits boost, tara Nova :thumb:

Ste L
12-08-07, 06:03 PM
^^^ yep, standard xe has no chance, i got blitz good and proper by one, just kept pulling and pulling alway

but it was far from standard though lol

Mike
12-08-07, 06:04 PM
^^^ yep, standard xe has no chance, i got blitz good and proper by one, just kept pulling and pulling alway

but it was far from standard though lol

a lot of Pulsar owbers wont race much thats lesser then what there driving anyway. As Pulsar's cost the fecking earth to fix, so TBH, is racing a Nova and possibly spanking your Pulsar really worth it lol

coombsey
12-08-07, 06:05 PM
never seen one round a track ,1/4 mile they any good

Mike
12-08-07, 06:06 PM
never seen one round a track ,1/4 mile they any good

Id say yes tbh, altho a lot of it is driver control, they take some effort to drive at high speed. Very capable cars in the right hands.

gammienov16v
12-08-07, 06:08 PM
pulsar's are rappid as fook wen they get goin, the toyota starlets are fast for the 1.3 turbo and the charade 1l turbo's are quick littel things to.

do you think a 1.6let nov could give a r5 a run for its money, because my mate got beat in his 2.ol 8v nov by a 1.6 let nov??????

Lee H
12-08-07, 07:51 PM
I got my **** handed to me by a Pulsar in my old XE Nova. Was embarrassing how he was pulling awat to be honest.

Lee H
12-08-07, 07:51 PM
pulsar's are rappid as fook wen they get goin, the toyota starlets are fast for the 1.3 turbo and the charade 1l turbo's are quick littel things to.

do you think a 1.6let nov could give a r5 a run for its money, because my mate got beat in his 2.ol 8v nov?????

Whats a 1.6let?

Dar
12-08-07, 08:15 PM
I passed my mates 330bhp Pulsar on track back when my car was alot slower than it is today. However on the road it was a much faster car.

I haven't seen a R5GGT on the road for ages!! I can't remember seeing one on track either. However there was a very nice R5GGT2 (Mid engined one) at the last sprint.

blue_peg_16v
12-08-07, 08:24 PM
pulsars are quick but they seem unreliable too, a couple of lads have em round here and they are forever in bits. plus we used to go drag racing at york alot and when there were more of them about you could guarentee at least one would blow up in the day

gammienov16v
12-08-07, 11:44 PM
Whats a 1.6let?ok 1.6 turbo converted nov:thumb:

gammienov16v
12-08-07, 11:47 PM
pulsars are quick but they seem unreliable too, a couple of lads have em round here and they are forever in bits. plus we used to go drag racing at york alot and when there were more of them about you could guarentee at least one would blow up in the dayiv always said any engine with a turbo has a big weak spot, thats why throttal bodies are better:thumb:

philthepill_389
13-08-07, 08:04 AM
i guess theres no beating them unless they snap crackle oh then POP