PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do?

SKoob
11-08-07, 04:07 PM
Hi guys and gals, i've not been on here for a while as i've been busy with work.

I've got a bit of a dilema, I've got a mint Laser Blue 1.2 Diamond which has a 1.2 engine with a ceased water pump, when I say sceased I meaned its seized into the block and no amount of hammering and chisseling seems to of budged it lol

I've also got my mustard yellow SR with a 1.6 8v on twin 40s in it, i'm thinking of going for a small block 16v however, so my idea is to put the 1.6 8v in the diomand shell and sell it and get a 1.6 16v for the SR. From a money point of view though would it be better for me to repair the 1.2 and sell the diamond and then break to 1.6 8v engine :confused: I just feel the Diamond shell is wasted on a 1.2 ;)

craig green
11-08-07, 05:06 PM
If the diamond shell is good it ought to fetch you a few pennies from an enthusiast after a nice shell? I wouldnt bother switching engines etc if it was me. It just makes it less genuine & messed with IMo when good Novas are not about much now.

Someone must be able to get that water pump out...

SKoob
11-08-07, 05:19 PM
Well i've listed it twice on ebay and been messed about by people not even contacting me after the listing ends, It really is an ideal transplant shell, just its awkward to collect if it doesn't drive I guess, I'm going to try drilling the pump out. I really haven't seen a shell as clean as it for ages.

Ernie
12-08-07, 10:53 AM
were about's in wilts are you as im from swindon and prity good with me hammer.

smcgsi16v
12-08-07, 11:38 AM
Hammer Time!lol

db_1.2
12-08-07, 12:46 PM
Are you in Melksham by any chance? And did you have someone knock on your door asking if you wanted to sell it? Got a blonde sister? Lol if so me and my mate came round yesterday! So, do you wanna sell?lol:thumb:

Ernie
12-08-07, 12:48 PM
what his sister ?

Nick
12-08-07, 01:18 PM
You'l probably get a fair bit of money from breaking the 1600, What head have you got ? As i'd be interested in that !

Ash
12-08-07, 01:41 PM
Timmy needs a Lazer Blue shell to rebuild his GTE ;)

SKoob
13-08-07, 06:23 PM
I do indeed live in a melksham and it must of been you 2 then lol, nah i'm not selling it mate, as soon as the blue ones out the way its going back in my lock up lol, going to have a go at drilling round the pump to get it out

blue_peg_16v
13-08-07, 07:32 PM
how much do ya want for the diamond wouldnt mind it instead of the gte as its the same colour as my saloon