General Baxter
10-08-07, 10:05 PM
funny question,

how lol
iv replaced the tank and lines so there empty lol

shy witness
10-08-07, 10:13 PM
there should b a we small hand pump(probably on top of the fuel filter housing

start pumping it..and just slacken/release of a bolt ath the top of the housing..........or even a pipe on the fule direction out ....

just keep pumpin untill its coming in a constant flow......rather than spluttering (full of air)

it also helps if you give it some throttle as if it doesnt start on all cylinders.....it will help pick it up.and then it will come on to all 4

hope that helps

coombsey
10-08-07, 10:17 PM
thought they only had the had pumps on larger vechicles

shy witness
10-08-07, 10:20 PM
that coukld b possible

its trucks i work on.........

but some cars have them aswelle.....in some shape or form

for example.................peugeots have a we inline swell pump.........they all do the same job though

i honestly have no idea though about a vauxhall car set up

mowgli
10-08-07, 10:24 PM
Vauxhalls self bleed. If it is not running then there could be some ****e blocking the feed pipe. putting several gallons of fuel in & sticking an airline down the pipe usually does the trick.

shy witness
10-08-07, 11:30 PM
sticking an airline down the pipe usually does the trick.

aye.......ya used 2 do that with the old fiesta's aswell.......:thumb:

Ernie
11-08-07, 08:21 AM
Or you can crack the injectors of a 1/4 of a turn then turn it over untill the fuel come's out.I use to be a diesal fitter for a tool hire company no hand pumps on there kit.
It also use to work on the transits when the drivers ran out of fuel.

burgo
11-08-07, 10:40 AM
crack off all the injectors then keep turning it over until he diesel squirts every where lol then do the injectors back up and she should fire

General Baxter
11-08-07, 11:10 AM
ill do it lukes way sound more fun lol

bonelorry
12-08-07, 12:36 AM
as burgo said, the best way ive found with isuzu's is to crack the injctors off till you get fuel then tighten them up.

bonelorry
12-08-07, 12:37 AM
by the way thats a decent spec youve got there on that nova td, have you ever spoken to my good friend rich c over on vxon? his cav td is a good giggle lol