PDA

View Full Version : help with my nova autograss car needed any expert out there?

dublin22
10-08-07, 08:49 PM
1.3 nova -1.2 inlet onto su 1 3/4 su carb with trumpet and cone filter through 32mm restrictor plate is what i run.
1. would it make any difference cutting the 4 branch carb inlet and adding length to them?
2.which is the best flowing carb to use to maximise speed(must be single choke)
3.i run a swan neck approx 5 inch long by 2 inch wide ,would it be better to make this longer or wider any ideas?
car does 68bhp but beats cars that make 80 bhp on the same rollers because the torque on my car is good. id like to make the car go above 90bhp theres autograss cars legally doing that sort of bhp but i need some fresh ideas.im not mechanically minded and have just picked up these things through racing.is there a rally/vauxhall expert out there that could help me.im building a fresh car as i have a spare engine in the garage which as been modified to the rules max. i would deeply appreciate it if someone could take me under there wing to help me build the fastest car i possible can.any fresh ideas would also be much appreciated.im sure theres some experts out there in this field that could make all the difference to my car and show the mrs it is worth the money i keep spendinglol the car does win a lot of races and is up there at big meetings but i just need that little bit extra.could you please send your help to andrew.griffiths@ntlworld.com
thanks very much Andy