PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 nova inlet/carb set up help

dublin22
10-08-07, 08:35 PM
im running a 1.3 autograss nova.im looking for some fresh ideas .the engine is modified to the rules max, its the inlets and carbs im interested in modifying. we have to use single choke through a 32mm restrictor plate. im running a 1.2 inlet manifold at the moment with the water tray cut out and reseemed.would it make it better if i was to cut the four branches and add length to them to make them longer? which is the best carb to run?at the moment it runs on a 1 3/4 su with trumpet and cone filter. the swan neck is approx 6 inch long by 2 inch thick would this be better being longer and wider or either of.if you are rally minded engineer i would appreciate the help.the car i run at moment is quick and up front but there are quicker cars there. want to build a fresh one as i have a spare engine . im after max power i can get within the rules. maybe theres a nova enthusiast out there with great understanding of what is needed to make the car faster.please contact me with any help ,expert knowledge it would be much appreciated one last thing it only pulls about 68bhp on the rollers but can beat cars pulling 80 bhp on the same rollers because its torquey.i would like to get over 90 bhp out of it i no its possible as other cars are doing it.please email me at
andrew.griffiths@ntlworld.com

Welsh Dan
10-08-07, 09:07 PM
Post up exactly what the rules are please.

dublin22
10-08-07, 10:42 PM
ill get the rule book out in the morning its in the van.thanks for your reply.ill print it word for word but basically you can use any carb ,any inlet as long as it goes through a 32 mm restricter plate and single choke.
ill mail it you tommorrow
thanks
andy

Welsh Dan
10-08-07, 10:57 PM
Can you use a throttle body and injector or does it have to be a carb?

Novasport
10-08-07, 11:20 PM
Would running a single bike carb be any better?
iirc, the longer the inlet tract the more torque you get.

dublin22
11-08-07, 11:13 AM
no throttle bodys or injection allowed im affraid in my class.what bike carb would be the best to use? it is allowed

dublin22
11-08-07, 11:15 AM
ill be on here tonight and im going to post the rule book as it states
cheers andy

garyc
11-08-07, 04:03 PM
I race the same class. I reckon what you have is about right. What springs have you got in your SU.

Post a picture up of your set up, are there any sharp steps in the flow or are they all funneled.

What gearing you running?