PDA

View Full Version : Help on Tuning 1.6 8V GSI

FB_evolutions
10-08-07, 12:34 AM
okay i finaly decided to start putting more money into my nova and sod having sum cheap lil run around

its had bits and bobs done allready so now i want know where to Start with it and what to start looking around in power ways, places to buy the parts & help on ways to fit them

major things like brakes converstions and manifold/exhaust, surspention, styling, interiour, caged and all safty up inside, minor engine parts like short shift and induction blah blah blah ECT. is already on so where do i go from here

if any1 can drop me some ideas and links or if any1 is selling parts for this type of engine please let me know got most the cash ready

few other minor things im after to top it off now are! if anyone is selling them

single wiper
opel bonnet badge
perspec windows
alloy fuel cap nothing to OTT
baileys water tank
polished airflow sensor
polished inlet

and one more thing if any1's got any vids or pics of 8v gsi done please add them and help on dressing the rest of the engine up

cheers for your time

Stuart
10-08-07, 08:34 AM
try searching...

Ernie
10-08-07, 09:08 AM
Ive got this 1 for sale that has been polished up ?5 plus p+p.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/04062007016.jpg

tom reid
10-08-07, 06:40 PM
Go for Bike carbs,AST2,megajolt,good 4 branch exhaust manifold, lightened flywheel, modified sump and pump.140bhp, easy!

craig green
11-08-07, 04:04 PM
There are some tweeks you perform on the AFM. Having the dizzy timing set spot on helps aswell, esp if its out.

FB_evolutions
11-08-07, 07:04 PM
Go for Bike carbs,AST2,megajolt,good 4 branch exhaust manifold, lightened flywheel, modified sump and pump.140bhp, easy!

that sounds the way i want to go do the R1 carbs fit on the nova - and if i do go for the carbs or T'B's what will i need wheres gud places to go if i get stuck and how much this normaly cost

cheers

tom reid
11-08-07, 08:34 PM
Well, it just so happens that I have had some manifolds made for R1 bike carbs.
Will PM the details.