PDA

View Full Version : nova dash board

anth.farley
09-08-07, 10:24 AM
hey can any one help me on this one
i have a mk1 nova with the retro dash and im sick of the noises it makes lol
i went out and striped a mk2 dash out but not the loom i took all the plugs i need now im going to cut and chop but are the wires simple to do all same colours or all diffrent and will i have to change the plugs for sr clock

GRUNT 16V
09-08-07, 10:37 AM
simple as 123 .

anth.farley
09-08-07, 10:49 AM
simple as 123 .
cheers nice to hear most people are sayin ya gona b pulling ur hair out but will my sr clocks plug stright in ???

Welsh Dan
09-08-07, 12:04 PM
The clocks are a different plug, the mk2 clocks have the tacho and oil pressure wires integrated into the multiplug, the mk1 ones dont, and the clocks are physically different to fit into mk1/mk2 dashes.

anth.farley
09-08-07, 12:37 PM
The clocks are a different plug, the mk2 clocks have the tacho and oil pressure wires integrated into the multiplug, the mk1 ones dont, and the clocks are physically different to fit into mk1/mk2 dashes.
the clocks i have dont have oil presure or bat meter they only have rev counter speedo temp and petrol meter my friend who changed his said that there is a gree wire in the loom just need pluging in and its all good but im a bit like never done it b4 get a 2nd word for it cheers for help mate

Jack
09-08-07, 01:59 PM
Some need the wires switching round - hazard and centre heater rear window/blower control are two I can think of. Use the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual to figure out which wires go where.

craig green
09-08-07, 04:08 PM
Shouldnt be too tricky if you do it 1 plug at a time.

If you get stuck, post up pics & ask here.

anth.farley
09-08-07, 04:44 PM
Shouldnt be too tricky if you do it 1 plug at a time.

If you get stuck, post up pics & ask here.
cheers for tha i will b starting on it on sunday because im getin my 2 ltr in to night i will post pics of bfor during and after