PDA

View Full Version : Key Central Locking Prob.

GR
18-04-02, 09:18 AM
On my SR, i have the passenger door de-locked and the driver side as normal, except the locking is a central locking mechanism.

I have a problem in that when you lock the door, both lock, but because the driver side door door pin is loose, when you rotate the key left and pull it out, the doors unlock themselves again.

Sometimes they'll both stay down, but then if you lift the drivers side handle up, it triggers the doorpin up and hence unlocks the doors again .

I'm sure it is because the door pin is loose, so how can i sort the problem and what am i looking for once the door card's off?

Weird problem i know but all opinions needed.

Cheers

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

ade
18-04-02, 11:18 AM
it could be a short in the wiring or sensitive solenoid - if it stays down when you lock it but opens when you try and get the key oot, it could be the solenoid is on the way oot. Solenoid is just an electro magnet coil with a rod in the middle so if it pops open its the current loosing grip on magnets (or the other way around I forget which). Take door card off and check wiring looks ok - rig it up to a volt meter or one of those 12v light tester screwdriver things and watch wot happens when you turn the key...
Its not much but its a start...

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!