PDA

View Full Version : Used car prices in Northern Ireland. Cheaper?

craig green
08-08-07, 01:49 PM
Are used cars typically cheaper in NI? Just curious on behalf of a mate who is looking for a new, 2nd hand car.

Something has come up on the Auto trader which seems a bit too cheap but worth a flight to bring it back if its genuine.

Cormac
08-08-07, 02:08 PM
I havent bought a car here in N'Ireland for years, i find far better value in scotland/england, Id beware buying in N'ireland as theres plenty of dodgy dealers, like anywere i suppose but ive always found english sellers to be alot more genuine than most over here..

craig green
08-08-07, 02:52 PM
Yeah we've come to the conclusion on MIG that this car in question is too good to be true & something isnt right about it.

mk4 Astra Sri turbo approx ?2k cheaper than a UK equivalent listed car.

Cormac
08-08-07, 04:06 PM
Throw me up a link to i have a look, prob damaged repaired, theres a 2004 gsi turbo in the breakers section of the Ni trader this week, dnt have mag to hand but think its around 4K, prob well messed up tho.. If you ever need a car looked at around the Derry(londonderry) area me or keith would be more than happy to help you out..

craig green
08-08-07, 04:45 PM
If you ever need a car looked at around the Derry(londonderry) area me or keith would be more than happy to help you out..

I'll put up the link later from my mates PC.

If it comes to it I might take you up on that. The car in question appears mint & low mileage in the ad.

Thanks anyway. :thumb: