PDA

View Full Version : speedo-1.3sr

millsey
29-05-02, 10:04 PM
since I bought my nova 1.3sr-'86, the speedo has been reading 10mph more than the speed im actually going.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Ive got a weber 32/34 dtml carb and a k&n filter.
:-/

Dicko
29-05-02, 11:12 PM
so if ur standing still it says ur doing 10mph :-/

hhmm, very interesting.

if by anychance u mean that when u go over say 60mph it is 10mph out then yes this is a common fualt with novas, no real way round it im afraid

novanutmk2
29-05-02, 11:38 PM
might be what dicko said or it could be that the speedo needs calibrating cos i know that when i changed my clocks over in my 1.2 the speedo didnt work at all.

DUFFMAN CANT BREATHE........OOOOOOHHHHHH NOOOOO!

Doddy
30-05-02, 09:16 AM
Mind had a similar problem, but it was out by more, so i took it to pieces, removed the needle, then get some one to drive in front of me and when they react a set speed say 50mph give you a signal then put the needle back on at 50.

Not the most technical way of doing it but it worked. it`s only a couple of miles out now.

It`s easy to get this fixed if you have it roll roaded, less hassel.

Stuart
30-05-02, 09:46 AM
or get GPS to give you a nice accurate speed readout

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

millsey
30-05-02, 11:14 AM
It doesnt read 10mph when its standing still, but it does do it as soon as its moving.
Where can I get it calibrated/looked at?

Dicko
30-05-02, 11:18 PM
whats the big deal?

neiloakley
30-05-02, 11:24 PM
if you know your doing ten over then there aint a problem. Just go thru speed cameras at ten over the limit. It will scare your mum vos she'll think your doing 40 in a thirty (but as clever people know your doing 30). She might just poop her pants!

Performance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com

neiloakley
30-05-02, 11:25 PM
if you know your doing ten over then there aint a problem. Just go thru speed cameras at ten over the limit. It will scare your mum vos she'll think your doing 40 in a thirty (but as clever people know your doing 30). She might just poop her pa&%s!

Performance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com

millsey
31-05-02, 11:19 AM
the problem is its putting the mileage up on the clock because its reading too high.