PDA

View Full Version : 16v setting up help!

srboy
22-05-02, 09:20 PM
right need sum help here as my 16v will be rebuilt ie all gaskets and new ring etc as it had done 100k in the astra it came out of. but the problem starts here ive put piper cams in it and soon i will have my webber 45s now how will i go about setting the lot up?. i thought obviously rolling road but if ive just done the rings etc then it cant realy be thrashed on the rollers can it as the verniers etc will have to be timed up and the carbs set so how the hell will i go about it or can they set it all up with out thrashing it?:(

Dicko
22-05-02, 09:51 PM
u will haveto try n tune it best u can urself mate, just to get it drivable, then run it in for at least 300-500 miles before it goes on the rollers.

or speak to them, see if they can do like a part tuneup, set the mixture settings for you, they shud have some idea of wot jets u need!!

srboy
23-05-02, 08:16 PM
nice 1 boyz! erm believe it or not micky it is my real addy my excuse is they didnt have n e fin normal like dan left! erm sod it im just a wanker! ne way nice 1 m8

CP
24-05-02, 09:26 AM
Its had new rings you say? Did you have it re-bored and new pistons as well? If not and you did it cos it was burning oil/ low compression then i'm sorry to say it will probably only have a temporary effect. It will be the bores that are worn more than the rings and new rings into old worn bores is not advised. If you change the rings only then the bores need to be mic'd up by an engineer to make sure they are within the wear tolerances and then the bores need honing.
Any tuning place will be able to set it up to run for you without giving it a thrashing on the rollers - you go back at a later date for a full power optimisation run

srboy
25-05-02, 05:25 PM
yes m8 the bores were skimmed/hoend bfore the rings went in so im not doing like u say new rings old bore !