PDA

View Full Version : 1800cc engine required

allymc187
06-08-07, 01:56 PM
Hi there I am new to this site so please bare with me. On friday (3rd August) I bought myself a 1986 Nova Merit which had been upgraded from a 1000cc to an 1800cc. Unfortunatly for me i was mugged off and on the saturday without warning the piston had dropped through my oil sump and cracked my manifold.
I now need a new engine but as you can see I am a bit worried i could be dun over again so to speak. So hoping that not all Nova owners are idiots like the lad who sold me my nova i'm hoping somebody can help me out here on this website.

Many Thanks and hope to have some good times on this site as I do love my nova and plan to look after and keep it for some time.

craig green
06-08-07, 02:09 PM
Welcome to PNG!

In your shoes I would buy a cheap Cav or Astra with a good 8 valve engine in & break the car (sell off the bits you dont want) & install the engine into the Nova. This way you can prove the engine is sound by buying a running car.

You may break even or perhaps make profit on the other bits. An Astra SRi or CAv SRi should be cheap enough.

allymc187
06-08-07, 10:05 PM
Thanks m8 thats a gr8 idea i will look in2 that.