PDA

View Full Version : pics of engine bays?

greg1.4
05-08-07, 07:37 PM
can someone please post pics of SR engine bays with SR engines.

i have got my sr engine out and am cleaning it and going to be painting it and new hoses etc etc..

either with standard carbs or twin 40's, the pics will be good.

what colour would suit my engine best? i think red block, silver head and silver gearbox.. please post pics of cleaned engines and painted engines.

thanks,
Greg

Welsh Dan
05-08-07, 07:51 PM
I'd say black block and gearbox (with polished bolt heads), silver head, black rocker cover with silver detail, but thats me :).

greg1.4
05-08-07, 07:53 PM
i would need to see a pic. think this engine looks spangly..

what colour of red is this?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/Greg_Mcknight/tidyengine.jpg

greg1.4
05-08-07, 08:56 PM
help?

what is that colour (red)?

i am going to go and buy it, do i need heat resistant stuff?

also can i get silver or black exhaust paint for ym manifold?

what colour would look best on my manifold you guys think?

Mike
05-08-07, 08:59 PM
dude, red is red with High Temp paint! You dont get different shades of it!

greg1.4
05-08-07, 09:10 PM
ok cheers mate.

Greg

greg1.4
05-08-07, 09:24 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/Greg_Mcknight/tidyengine-1.jpg

this is my latest idea, opinins please?

R1CH
05-08-07, 09:28 PM
As long as you like it !
Smooth Hamerite is also fine for the engine block, head, gear box ect ...

Geth
05-08-07, 10:10 PM
Greg, As you know that's my engine bay you put up first. I used a tin of red engine paint from Halfrauds for the block, hammerite would probably do as well. I know a few people who have used hammerite on their block with no problems at all. The gear box was done in Silver engine paint but again hammerite would have been ok too.

The head and cam carrier were painted in silver VHT paint. I used silver hammerite last time and it began to flake off around the exhaust ports due to the amount of heat given off by the manifold. The only reason I used VHT on the cam carrier was so the colours would match.

The cam cover was painted in black matt Hammerite and the detail was polished up after the paint had dried with some wet & dry paper wrapped around a wooden block.

If you're wondering what it will look like with T40s, this is a picture that I'll be adding to my project page soon.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/Miko_Gethinsky/IMG_0387.jpg
(Note to self, get new washer bottle and header tanks)

Hope that helps.

G

greg1.4
05-08-07, 10:46 PM
cheers mate.. think i will go with black block, silver head and rocker cover with red lines and ohc painted red, red samco hoses,black manifold and silver box.:thumb:

just the same as the engine bay i posted above.

if i dont like the red lines on the rocker cover i will just paint them silver after a bit..

Greg

Dan 130
07-08-07, 11:05 PM
i got this if its any good
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/mallinova/sehturbo.jpg

srdan
11-08-07, 12:30 PM
that is sick!. u got any more information about the engne etc.. and any more pics?

Adam
11-08-07, 02:50 PM
Sick,Lol.

craig green
11-08-07, 03:52 PM
Mvaux turbo kit on a 2 ltr 8v Astra mk2 Sri. Its a UK car & one sexy engine IMO.

luke langton
11-08-07, 05:26 PM
yeah, that engine looks sweet! nice and tidy engine bay. are those mvaux kits any good!

peester
11-08-07, 07:50 PM
yeah, that engine looks sweet! nice and tidy engine bay. are those mvaux kits any good!

from what i gather.. its a bit of a game to order, but once youve had it delivered, and you know what your doing - prehaps dont go mad with boost etc etc; they work ok..

Do look rude when fitted dont they. Tidy too.

Paul
11-08-07, 08:06 PM
that is sick!

What exactly does 'sick' mean to you?

Because to me it means ill, or not feeling good. How can an innanimate (sp.) object look 'sick'?

Adam
11-08-07, 08:13 PM
Lol

srdan
12-08-07, 10:43 AM
What exactly does 'sick' mean to you?

Because to me it means ill, or not feeling good. How can an innanimate (sp.) object look 'sick'?

have you nothing better to discuss! lol. i was simply sayin that that engine bay is well nice and wanted some information about it.

Paul
12-08-07, 07:49 PM
have you nothing better to discuss! lol

in short, no lol

srdan
14-08-07, 10:23 AM
fair enough. anyway in general are these mvaux kits any good? would be lookin at using a 1.6 kit. thanks

Welsh Dan
14-08-07, 10:45 AM
What I remember reading about them was that they're a good starter kit, but sometimes the flanges need machining as they aren't flat.