PDA

View Full Version : wing aerial

Steve.sri
16-05-02, 11:57 AM
how do i remove it
steve

ade
16-05-02, 12:10 PM
it's a pig. The easiest way I found was to remove my wing! My mk2 had an impossible to get into access panel but I coldnt work how to get the spanner up to undo nut that keeps in in place. (halfords fitted mine initially and dented my arch splitting my paint job when I had sterreo fitted - denied all knowledge!) There is a gap under arch somewhere but thats tighter than a nats arse. If u want shot of ariel, open bonnet, you'll see the ariel wire coming from wing by battery, cut it (make sure its ariel wiore though!), undo bolts that hold wing on (see haynes for that), break mastik seal (the sealant that holds wing to body), remove wing (watch out for side repeater wires, remove ariel using 8/10mm spanner, clean up hole, mastik hole edges, fit new ariel, re mastik wing to body (you'll see where old mastik was), and refit wing. Run wire into cokpit through grommit in engine bay by battery and plug into stereo. Saves u hours or arsing about - unless anyone else knows faster way? Took me about 30 minutes in all (once I'd skinned my knuckles pissing about with access panel)

Steve.sri
16-05-02, 10:04 PM
cheers mate... i'll give it ago at the weekend

dave.gsi
18-05-02, 01:19 PM
i did mine by hacksawing the fucker of, poked it through the hole and left it in the wing.lol. its still there rattling around! that took about five mins :D

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

Marty
24-05-02, 10:48 PM
did mine in 10 mins.cut wire by battery,remove plastic diamond shape plate inside wheelarch (2 screws) undo nut at base of telescopic section and remove through hole where plate goes.piece of piss!