PDA

View Full Version : what can i do to my nova to get more power/quicker?

greg1.4
05-08-07, 09:30 AM
hi, alot of you will know but i have a 1400 block, 1300 SR head, Twin 40 DCOE's and SR manifold.. what should i do to the head for starters? i have a local engine mod shop if you like and could take the head down to him for some work..

i will also be putting a kent ast2 cam or similar in and a 4 branch manifold and a alloy vernier pulley.

what else could i do? what about uprated valve springs or stuff like that?

could someone give me a engine spec of a 1300/1400 SR engine and what kind of power you can get out of them or what power you know it had.

also the cheaper the better.

cheers,
Greg

greg1.4
05-08-07, 09:50 AM
also i have a flat spot low down the revs? it just dies then picks up again and once she is revving its fine..

i have my pressure reg between 3 and 4 i think it works best. and my carbs are all reading 5and a half on the syncrometer.. how much do i have to advance the timing.. we had to advance the timing a bit but what do other people have theres at?

Greg

Stuart
05-08-07, 09:53 AM
erm I'd take it to an RR who knows what they are doing with carbs to get the jets/timing setup right... sod messing about at home doing that lol.

a cam will help. imho head work is only of any real use if you get a lot of work done (ie leave yours alone). Since its expensive for maybe 5bhp.

Adam
05-08-07, 12:43 PM
Flat spot is down to carb setup, you cant expect it to run perfect with the carbs just wacked on. Sounds like idle stack needs changing.
A cam will help yeah, as will a sri head,but that means new inlet needed.

tom reid
06-08-07, 09:34 PM
Just tell everyone it's got 150BHP, cheap as chipslol