PDA

View Full Version : Where does he stand?

Rich
04-08-07, 08:59 PM
My mates just been to collect a corsa gsi he won off ebay, no tax but had a years mot. He paid a ?200 deposit the ?1100 when he got there today. The bloke selling the car wasnt able to be there, so his 16 year old brother handed over the documents.

The cars nothing like described, running badly, alarm works when it wants to. Bleeps/flashes hazards randomly and wont always lock/unlock the doors. Everything electrical on the car looks like its been fiddled with, every sensors been messed with (says all new sensors on ebay). Its running badly, brakes are terrible foot travels to the floor.

Hes brought it round to see me and asking about it, ive noticed things that it should of failed the mot on. Like cracked b pillar, battery not secure, the brakes im sure wouldnt of passed. I know he should have turned away due to the ways its running etc, but he already paid the deposit, owed a full tank of petrol to his dad for driving him there and the bloke wasnt even there to kinda haggle the price or say no.

Is there anyone he can go through like police/vosa about the mot? I cant see him getting his money back any ideas?

Adam
04-08-07, 09:08 PM
Cracked bpillar's dont fail mot.
Anyway,
If those faults weren't described in the auction, then the item isn't as described, so he shouldn't have paid for it tbh.
Not sure what you could do, maybe contact ebay for advise.

NovaLad
04-08-07, 09:10 PM
Because the problems that you found wasn't mentioned on the ebay auction then they could just say that it was fine before you got.

Adam
04-08-07, 09:13 PM
Indeed.
He shouldn't have accepted/bought the car.

NovaLad
04-08-07, 09:15 PM
If he didn't give the car a propper look over before he bought it then he is pretty silly especially with the ammount of conmen on ebay.

Teggy
04-08-07, 09:41 PM
id say that was hard luck a stupidity for not checking if he dint pay the rest he could have claimed the deposit back for not being as described (i have before) but as said he could have said well it was fine when he left

coombsey
04-08-07, 09:54 PM
send the boys round

draper
05-08-07, 09:23 AM
he should of gona and checked it before the auction ended really, wasting a full tank of fuel is better than the ?1300 hes wasted now ;)

Rich
05-08-07, 06:16 PM
What i thought really, was worth asking though lol

Cheers

peester
05-08-07, 07:05 PM
he should of gona and checked it before the auction ended really, wasting a full tank of fuel is better than the ?1300 hes wasted now ;)

yeah i dont see how few hundred quid deposit and a tank of fuel warrent 'can't back out now' if this car is such a mess...

krobinson has travelled overseas to see cars and ended up backing out at the slightest of 'not as described'

good luck tho mate; tis nothin that cant be fixed...?

Matt2107
06-08-07, 01:17 PM
A lesson to be learned here.... looks like he'll **** out completely.