PDA

View Full Version : Whats the switch called...

marsh_man
04-08-07, 06:58 PM
Hello All,

Whats the name of the switch that you install, which does the same as removing the HT Lead? (immobolise)

Cheers.

marsh_man
04-08-07, 07:20 PM
I think ive found it ... Battery Master Switch.
Please ignore this if im right... correct me if im wrong.
Cheers

Lee
05-08-07, 12:04 AM
Doesnt do the same as removing the HT lead, but it will prevent any cranking power. Bear in mind if its the red key type, you can just jam a screwdriver in it lol

I suggest a second ignition switch between the barrel and the loom, or a switch on the fuel pump, hidden somewhere.

Ernie
05-08-07, 08:13 AM
Or take the coil lead in at night.

Welsh Dan
05-08-07, 09:04 AM
or the rotor arm, if its a carb model :D

General Baxter
05-08-07, 09:12 AM
or the rotor arm, if its a carb model :D

lol whats wrong with just fitting a ?50 alarm lol

draper
05-08-07, 09:18 AM
or fit an immobilser ?? i have atoad laserkey immob sitting here next to me im selling ;)

Philsutton
05-08-07, 03:25 PM
problem with fitting an alarm there are ways round them not matter how good they are, if you disable the engine mechanically then there is no way they are going to drive it off.

marsh_man
06-08-07, 10:50 AM
I suggest a second ignition switch between the barrel and the loom, or a switch on the fuel pump, hidden somewhere.

How would I go about doing this?

Or take the coil lead in at night.

I am already doing this at the moment, but its a pain having to keep disconnecting and reconnecting the cable.

Stuart
06-08-07, 11:25 AM
LEE has the best immobiliser method... throw a rod.

Jack
06-08-07, 11:28 AM
Thing is, if someone wants the car badly they'll have it - there was a local speight of cars being towed away on low loaders by resident pikeys round here a while back. Still, I doubt anyone would go to that much trouble for a Nova!

How would I go about doing this?
Have a butchers in the haynes manual at the wiring diagrams for the ignition, starter, fuel pump, or other such required electrical circuit. Figure out which wire is the power supply, and splice in a switch (extend the wires if necessary so the switch is tucked away somewhere!)