PDA

View Full Version : Strange...

Saloony
04-08-07, 02:44 PM
An old school friend has recently turned up, out of the blue infact (done an mot on his volvo the other week, soon be doing a service for him as well, but he turned up today as his rear pads had gone metal to metal. I sorted him out some pads, let him borrow the winding tool and off he went. Came back later when he had finished, we were having a little chat about cars and what av ya, about the nova really as i was cleaning it at the time.

Before i started the whole revamp the car was white and used to sit up the side of the house, he was saying that he passed one day with his girlfriend at the time and she glanced up and said 'thats my old car':eek:(2001-2) . We bought the nova in 98 of this girl, shes coming down to see it soon, as he recently spoke to her to tell her its alive and well and orange, and she is highly amazed. She sold this car in favour of a metro as this had a boot on it and she couldnt park itlol

Yes im bored so ill just ramble on;)

Novadex
04-08-07, 03:43 PM
lol its a small ol world! I bet it dosnt look anything the same tho lol

dave.gsi
04-08-07, 04:00 PM
take her out in it,.....scare her senselesslol

Saloony
04-08-07, 04:05 PM
Cant find any pics, but it was white, the standard 993cc spec, ie no rub strips just silly stickers, no headrests, no clock, no cig lighter, just nothing.

Ernie
04-08-07, 04:09 PM
Ya but there the best one's to start a project on as nothing on there to break lol Well thats what i have found with the 2 base models i have at the mo.

db_1.2
05-08-07, 01:04 AM
Certainly is a small world, i bought my latest nova off of a bloke who lives 25 miles away but once lived round the corner and his dad was once married to my auntie! So cousin by mariage

draper
05-08-07, 09:21 AM
wow what a nice story but what everyone wants to know is................................................ ... is she fit ??

Saloony
05-08-07, 04:37 PM
wow what a nice story but what everyone wants to know is................................................ ... is she fit ??
We shall soon see. I take pics, the title being 'Girl reunites with car she couldnt park' lol

Matt2107
06-08-07, 01:18 PM
I bet she'll end up wanting to buy it back.

Stuart
06-08-07, 01:23 PM
why were you MOTing a volvo when you are a vauxhall mechanic?

Saloony
06-08-07, 01:45 PM
why were you MOTing a volvo when you are a vauxhall mechanic?It starts with a 'V' isnt that close enough.