PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Advice Needed

saint
12-04-02, 09:45 AM
http://www.northwalesnovas.co.uk/nwn1/saint1.jpg

heres me nova lowered now on standard shocks and 60mm springs what i need to know is i want the back end lowered a bit more so would it be ok to lower back by 80 leaving front as 60?

just that ive got the rear stripped out so theres no weight in there and at the mo the back end looks much higher than the front

looking at getting new suspension so wondering if i should get a 60/80 mix to get it nice and low

Damian Coull
12-04-02, 10:00 AM
could do, why don't you get some 16's ?

saint
12-04-02, 10:09 AM
how the hells that gonna help lower my car duh :p lol

well ive paid 300 for me 15's so in no rush to get rid of em yet

Damian Coull
12-04-02, 12:54 PM
it wont lower it but a bigger rim will look better on your car. you can't go much lower than the 60mm you have already dropped it by. So the next logical step is to replace your 15's with something bigger. A bigger rim at the back of the car will make it look lower because more of the wheel will be inside your rear arch !

rgv_stu
12-04-02, 12:58 PM
btw what lowering kit is that??
the back does look high for a 60mm drop

mine standard springs are nearly that low on the back but they is fooked;)

what kit is it as i need mine lowering and that looks good

saint
12-04-02, 02:19 PM
ah i get ya damien, actually just been in touch bout getting some new alloys so might do actually lol

but nah i wanna go really low, just to take the piss not arsed bout rough ride cause i used to drive a mini lol it can go lower cause me arches are rolled

not sure what make they are m8's disapeered so cant get the name of em he fitted em, theres no weight on the back so there not as low as his was strangley :( plus i aint got shortened shocks or nethin thats why im going for full brand new set eventually

ade
12-04-02, 06:53 PM
just get yerself a set of gas shoks to go with springs - that'll lower the car so on 15" the rim will be well up the arch! Looks hi cos the weight normally in the boot (seats etc) are missing. Have you plans to fill the back with ice? If so, 60mm shocks n springs with weight of ice will make back look smart. Lowered mine on 14" SR wheels n the alloy rims are in the arch so 15" should be well up there!

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

ade
12-04-02, 06:54 PM
... also by shopping around may be able to pick up 2 rear gas shocks for 1/2 price of 80mm springs.

Ade

DAVIEBOY
12-04-02, 07:16 PM
i remember a nova in max a few years ago, the back was extra low cause the guy done something to the back beam, but i cant remember what, soz m8. tel u what though ill try & look out the edition and scan it & email it to u, will that help?

dave.gsi
12-04-02, 09:09 PM
saint, i'll take them rims off your hands if your gettin rid mate. mail me :D

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

saint
16-04-02, 03:17 PM
the springs were 2nd hand off a nova so were alrady bedded in thank god lol

how much extra am i looking at for gas shocks, ive seen gmax kits for ?213 not sure if there gas or not but only go up to 60mm will these be lower than mine as im still on standard shocks?

ade
16-04-02, 09:30 PM
yes looking at the pic it will lower the back. I got 60mm gmax supersport for ?200 from shop in Ayr ?6 delivery on top of that. They are full kit front n rear - gas shocks n dampers - with your wheel size it'll put em up yer arches no probs - may need to weigh it down a little to allow them to bed in though. Decent bit of iice will suffice! Using standard shocks on lowered springs just puts the standard shock under more pressure - wearing em oot quicker (springs are too small for shocks to compensate). Invest in a full kit for better look and handling.

Ade