PDA

View Full Version : Changing Vehicle Details

Jack
03-08-07, 12:14 PM
I've just had a thought. My nova is still on the logbook as a 1.0 - as I've not actually put the XE in yet I haven't bothered to change it. But I've just realised when it goes in and I inform DVLA of the bigger engine, will I have to wait for confirmation and return of the V5C from them before I can tax/MOT it?

Obviously I'm concerned DVLA could be their usual speedy selves and take a month or so to get the documentation back to me, during which time the nova will be sat about doing nothing (no different to usual, I know). :mad: Has anybody else updated their engine size, how long did it take?

Not declaring it til after MOT/tax isn't an option as a) I'm honest and b) if the DVLA have it as a 1.0 and it goes for an MOT with a 2.0, I think that may broadside the test lol

Dar
03-08-07, 12:39 PM
Best option is to send it off sooner rather than later since you won't speed them up. So the sooner they get it the sooner you get it back. chopchop!!

bump
03-08-07, 12:42 PM
TBH, with your speed of mincing I wouldn't worry about it till November at least lol

Get the engine in and do it then. You'll still have other stuff to sort (sensor probs, interior(finding it mainly) etc), so should tie up time wise.

draper
03-08-07, 01:11 PM
well you could do it today, youve got the V5 and the engine number have you not ??

Adam
03-08-07, 01:16 PM
Id do it now.
Im still waiting for my logbook back, sent it about a month back.

Saloony
03-08-07, 01:42 PM
Send it off with new cc and engine number filled in, keep the little green slip with your new written engine details on and get it MoT'd and what av ya. They dont take that long really.

Jack
03-08-07, 02:29 PM
Get the engine in and do it then. You'll still have other stuff to sort (sensor probs, interior(finding it mainly) etc), so should tie up time wise.
My interior is hidden under a mountain of junk. You should see the stuff thats in the boot lol

That reminds me, I may have to coerce you into assisting my again with your l33t welding skillz :D

Send it off with new cc and engine number filled in, keep the little green slip with your new written engine details on and get it MoT'd and what av ya. They dont take that long really.
Won't it confuse the MOT if they think it has a 1.0 and it turns up with an XE under the bonnet? Its an E reg, so will be a non-cat test if that makes a difference.

Adam
03-08-07, 03:03 PM
Won't it confuse the MOT if they think it has a 1.0 and it turns up with an XE under the bonnet? Its an E reg, so will be a non-cat test if that makes a difference. Last years MOT mine still came up as a 1200cc engine, after it had been logged as a 1400 engine for about 2month, unless it takes a while for the MOTs system to update.
I think theres an option for the tester to just fill in the engine details, im sure thats what he did with mine.

Saloony
03-08-07, 05:45 PM
Mine turned up on the system within 2 weeks. But even so you can abort the VSI search and work on the details given, shouldnt be a problem really, stick it on a low-loader and bring it to me lol

Lets not start the whole emmission debate all again. Just dont worry.

draper
03-08-07, 05:46 PM
or just book it in to yours and drive it ;)

Adam
03-08-07, 05:53 PM
Lets not start the whole emmission debate all again. Just dont worry. lol
This year im going to have problems with emissions test me thinks, but meh,Lol.

Saloony
03-08-07, 05:56 PM
lol
This year im going to have problems with emissions test me thinks, but meh,Lol.
I come over all sick everytime i see an emmissions thread:tard:

Adam
03-08-07, 05:58 PM
I come over all sick everytime i put a nova in for a mot lol

draper
03-08-07, 06:03 PM
I come over all sick everytime i put a nova in for a mot lol

lol

novabeast
03-08-07, 08:44 PM
dont tell dvla,put in a garage that u no thell want stupid money off u

Jack
03-08-07, 09:06 PM
Saloony, fancy being my new MOT man? :D

Phil_G
05-08-07, 12:48 AM
Last years MOT mine still came up as a 1200cc engine, after it had been logged as a 1400 engine for about 2month, unless it takes a while for the MOTs system to update.
I think theres an option for the tester to just fill in the engine details, im sure thats what he did with mine.

My works van was down on its last MOT as being a petrol engined model, despite the fact that its actually a 1.9d. This mot the new garage just corrected the mistake on the system and carried on as they were :)

Adam
05-08-07, 12:55 AM
Yeah, it seems the Mot computer system does have a few gliches in it.

Saloony
05-08-07, 04:40 PM
My works van was down on its last MOT as being a petrol engined model, despite the fact that its actually a 1.9d. This mot the new garage just corrected the mistake on the system and carried on as they were :)
That was more than likely the last user, you select you own fuel type, not the system.

Razor- Anything for you baby.

Saloony
05-08-07, 04:42 PM
dont tell dvla,put in a garage that u no thell want stupid money off u

Your some what of a clever boy arent you.

General Baxter
05-08-07, 05:14 PM
umm what about my TDSR lol

Jack
05-08-07, 10:01 PM
Sweet, might have to bring it down your way for an MOT when its running then. Be a good way of running it in too lol

Phil_G
06-08-07, 12:10 AM
That was more than likely the last user, you select you own fuel type, not the system.

The vehicles record was entirely incorrect on the sytem - It went from being down as simply "Berlingo" to "Berlingo 800 1.9D " on the MOT certificate.

Does show what a bunch of morons mot'd it the time before last though :wtf: