PDA

View Full Version : dial fitment

freeman88
02-08-07, 11:47 PM
ok so ive seen the gte clocks and someone told me if i put them in my 1.2 lux plus all the dials will work on the new clocks withouth having to fit new wires and sensores is this true, before i purchase them

Jack
03-08-07, 10:59 AM
No, you'll need to run a wire for the rev counter to the coil negative (if your'e lucky there may well be a green wire taped up into the loom behind the dials already for that purpose). If you want the oil pressure gauge to work you'll need to connect a sender onto the engine.

Also, I have a suspicion that the connecting plug may be different, not sure on that though as I can't remember what Novas use a 12 pin plug and what ones use a 14 pin plug - someone else will no doubt be able to confirm that.

bump
03-08-07, 12:50 PM
No, you'll need to run a wire for the rev counter to the coil negative (if your'e lucky there may well be a green wire taped up into the loom behind the dials already for that purpose). If you want the oil pressure gauge to work you'll need to connect a sender onto the engine.

Also, I have a suspicion that the connecting plug may be different, not sure on that though as I can't remember what Novas use a 12 pin plug and what ones use a 14 pin plug - someone else will no doubt be able to confirm that.

Green wire is probably there, MK2 tend to have it in the multi-plug.

2 pin sender from a GSI / GTE Nova or Astra for the oil pressure to work

14 pin Mk2 12 pin MK1.

If your doing a MK1 to MK2 conversion or vice versa you'll need the multi-plug that fits the clocks that you have and rewire accordingly.