PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v

scotte
12-04-02, 07:45 PM
i really want to do the conversion in my gsi its not putting the engine in that bothers me its the seam welding novatech said they will do it for 500 is this alot. i have a good welder at home but cant really weld should i practise and try doing it myself??

gibbo6k
12-04-02, 08:50 PM
i would try to do it ur self mate....
1 of my mates has done it himself and if you looked you would tink a garage has done it....he aint that good at welding either...
member practice makes perfect

paulrobo
12-04-02, 10:04 PM
Juat novas do it for ?400 if i remember rightly. I think the biggest job is getting the old seam sealer out.

studavies
12-04-02, 11:00 PM
as long as u know where it needs welding and you clean the area off you should be able to get mobile welder for about ?100 (i have)

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

ronnie
16-04-02, 11:21 AM
I'm having a conversion done at the mo, and didn't realise how much work was involved with the welding/strengthening. Mainly cos mine was rusting in many places especially around the turrets. Loads of rust had to be cut out before any metal was found in order to weld onto, then it was a case of having plates made up and a lot of welding done. As mentioned above, getting the old seem sealer off is a bloody nightmare too! Depends on the condition of your motor, but if its got the rust bug, then beware it could mount up to quite a bit of money. I would strongly advise getting the job done properly or if you're gonna do it then do a thorough job cos the last thing you want is to have your engine put in and the motor falling apart under the extra strain! Good luck!