PDA

View Full Version : help needed

ste1003
01-08-07, 08:50 PM
I have just bought a nova 1.2 merit with a 1.3sr engine in and im having a few probs. I cant get the speedo to work and I have removed the speedo cable and it is fine. I have also tried 3 sets of clocks and still nothing. Also the rev counter wont work which is wired to the coil and the petrol gauge, temp gauge etc also dont work. The oil temp just goes full. The only thing that works are the lights for your indicators etc. Again I tried other dials iv checked the loom plug which seems ok and the wires all seem to be connected in the engine bay.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT. THANKS

Riggy
01-08-07, 09:07 PM
if the speedo cable and clocks are fine , then it sound like the drive in the gear box that is ****ed , should be held in by an 10 mm nut , just swap for another

as for rev counter and dials soinds like the fuse has gone , does your stereo work ?

the oil pressure gauge will go straight to full and the engine wont have a 2 pin sender in it so the gauges isnt getting the right signal

ste1003
01-08-07, 09:27 PM
yes sterio works but its wired direct to the battery.

Riggy
01-08-07, 09:46 PM
lol hope its fused if not then id get it dona asap

normally it shares the same fuse as the clocks , go through the fuse box check fuse 14 iirc

ste1003
01-08-07, 10:02 PM
just checked fuse 14 is ok, it says 14 is parking light and num plate light. All others seem ok aswell. Its a mk1 aswell by the way.